Advice on sneakers and possibly MUD shots :-)

cremse

Oct 16, 2019
I would love a pair of Hermès sneakers and I am seeking advice on which ones to go for. I have been looking at the sneakers called Avantage, Voltage and Trail sneakers. Wish a pair that can be casual (of course, after all we are talking about sneakers :biggrin: ) but if it is possible to find a pair that could also do for a night out depending on what I wear with them - that would be an extra bonus.

Maybe a pair that can be worn not only with pants / trousers but also with a casual long summerdress... Not necessarily but it would be a plus. Any of you who have Hermès sneakers that can offer some advice? Do they run true to size? If someone would like to share MUD shots that would be much appreciated too. Or if you happen to know of any new nice sneakers coming out this spring. Hit me! :cool: And thanks in advance.

I have a couple of pairs and love them. I ALWAYS get compliments on my H sneakers from people who don’t know the brand.

My favorite pair, that dress up and down, are prior season’s Polo sneaker. It’s very similar to this season’s Voltage. I will be adding the white with pink this season. I love the platform effect and can wear with pants and dresses.

My other is the Quicker. Not online anymore but a light weight sneaker. Somewhat similar to Trail but different. Very comfy but not one that I would dress up. Was caught up in a major downpour and these got soaked but you would never know it.

With H sneakers, I take a 1/2 size down from my typical H size. I’ve never had to break-in either sneaker, they felt great from the start.

I really like the Avantage and Voltage ....think they would go the distance to dress up or down.

good luck!

I would love a pair of Hermès sneakers and I am seeking advice on which ones to go for. I have been looking at the sneakers called Avantage, Voltage and Trail sneakers. Wish a pair that can be casual (of course, after all we are talking about sneakers :biggrin: ) but if it is possible to find a pair that could also do for a night out depending on what I wear with them - that would be an extra bonus.

Maybe a pair that can be worn not only with pants / trousers but also with a casual long summerdress... Not necessarily but it would be a plus. Any of you who have Hermès sneakers that can offer some advice? Do they run true to size? If someone would like to share MUD shots that would be much appreciated too. Or if you happen to know of any new nice sneakers coming out this spring. Hit me! :cool: And thanks in advance.
Whatever you decide to buy, make sure you try them on because, in my experience, Hermès sizing varies greatly depending on the shoe model and the shoe's materials.

I got these astrologie sneakers recently. Very comfy and I love that most people cannot recognize the brand. They wouldn’t be my choice with a long dress, but with casual outfits such as jeans, they work well.
Fyi, I had to size down for them (I’m typically 37-37,5 and got these in 36,5)

Attachments

• BD7BD121-BE4D-4D9A-BE68-1A7BCD865507.jpeg
    BD7BD121-BE4D-4D9A-BE68-1A7BCD865507.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 584
481B8F82-7FE2-4AE8-AD62-76A4D1F9948A.jpeg D53B718E-E27A-4E0C-8D00-BB4D1B7253EE.jpeg FC870E25-7F1F-444D-B79F-2733585299D7.jpeg AFEA7E67-F0AD-4E3C-8AF9-294EEF288EDE.jpeg They are very different.. i love them.. i hope these helps..
Voltage is the one with platform.. even if it hits my ankle, i looove it.. Just a bit heavy because of the platform.. it is a little stiff too..
Avantage is very stan smith like.. comfy too, classic sneaker..
Trail is the comfiest for me.. it hugs my feet. my best buy!
Again, it is best to try them yourself and see which one you’ll love most. But believe me, it is so easy to get convinced in taking them all. They all are lovely.
I was torn between avantage and voltage in FSH but then went for avantage. then I saw the limited ed voltage in H Rome, voila!

Whatever you decide to buy, make sure you try them on because, in my experience, Hermès sizing varies greatly depending on the shoe model and the shoe's materials.
Thank you so much for this advice. I will definitely be doing that. Already had a sad experience buying Oran sandals too small... :sad: So I am actually quit afraid of buying shoes that are too small again...

I have a couple of pairs and love them. I ALWAYS get compliments on my H sneakers from people who don’t know the brand.

My favorite pair, that dress up and down, are prior season’s Polo sneaker. It’s very similar to this season’s Voltage. I will be adding the white with pink this season. I love the platform effect and can wear with pants and dresses.

My other is the Quicker. Not online anymore but a light weight sneaker. Somewhat similar to Trail but different. Very comfy but not one that I would dress up. Was caught up in a major downpour and these got soaked but you would never know it.

With H sneakers, I take a 1/2 size down from my typical H size. I’ve never had to break-in either sneaker, they felt great from the start.

I really like the Avantage and Voltage ....think they would go the distance to dress up or down.

good luck!
Thank you so much for the input. Great to hear about other H sneakers too, my dream pair might hide themself somewhere else than in between the ones that I have found so far. :smile:

Reactions: Txoceangirl
View attachment 4629851 View attachment 4629852 View attachment 4629859 View attachment 4629850 They are very different.. i love them.. i hope these helps..
Voltage is the one with platform.. even if it hits my ankle, i looove it.. Just a bit heavy because of the platform.. it is a little stiff too..
Again, it is best to try them yourself and see which one you’ll love most. But believe me, it is so easy to get convinced in taking them all. They all are lovely.
I was torn between avantage and voltage in FSH but then went for avantage. then I saw the limited ed voltage in H Rome, voila!

Thank you so much for this great advice making me a bit wiser about H sneakers. They look absolutely fabulous on you and now I just want a pair even more! :biggrin: It really helps seeing MUD shots and seeing them live / being used / together with different styles and types of clothes.

It is very useful to me that you describe them shortly here, thank you! I note that you compare Avantage with stan smith. I definitely see why and actually I have a pair of Stan Smith that I just do not find to be comfy and that is partly why I am seeking a different pair... so I really like the look of the Stan Smith but I never reach out for them and therefore they just sit in the closet and I still find myself missing a pair that I can stand to wear... So I am quit drawn to Avantage thinking they could possible replace my Stan Smith. But I have been afraid to maybe find myself with a Look alike sneaker that would be just as uncomfortable... So I am happy to see that you describe Avantage as "comfy". I need to try them out and hope that I will actually find them to be a bit softer than my Stan Smith.

Hoping that Avantage will always be found in the boutiques... and I definitely need to have another look at the trail sneaker and Voltage too.

Once again thank you! :flowers:

Reactions: Txoceangirl
View attachment 4629851 View attachment 4629852 View attachment 4629859 View attachment 4629850 They are very different.. i love them.. i hope these helps..
I love the look of your leather leggings and H sneakers! Such a fun and young look. I think I will try it, but I'm a little worried about looking like I am "trying too hard" to look youthful because of my middle age!

Reactions: cremse and adb
I love the look of your leather leggings and H sneakers! Such a fun and young look. I think I will try it, but I'm a little worried about looking like I am "trying too hard" to look youthful because of my middle age!
Thanks dear.. just wear it with confidence and don’t think of what the people is gonna tell.. after all, you do not dress for them.. you feeling good about your self, being you is the most important thing.. ❤️

Reactions: Etriers and DR2014

.........the voltage with the pink back, did you take your normal size?

Last edited: