Advice on selling Chanel on ebay

Malinda

Dec 10, 2006
Hello everyone,

I would like some advice for selling Chanel handbags on ebay. I am trying to sell some of my smaller bags so I can buy a GST :yahoo:. I don't want to start at 0.99 $ but at a higher price point about 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of the bag and set the reserve at the lowest point I would accept. I have personally purchased my bags from Neiman Marcus and could provide receipts, boxes, card, and booklet. Will that help in getting bids? Is there anything else I need to know ?

ANY, ANY advice is appreciated !!!

Take alot of pictures of all angles, including the hologram sticker, authenticity card, chanel/store tags. Be as detail as possible of the condition of the bag etc.... I dont really care for auctions w/ a reserve, but that's my opinion, instead set the price to what you think your bag is worth and still be happy to sell your bag if your bag ended up w/ only 1 bidder.

It helps if you have a solid feedback history.

You will need to provide a lot of pictures. Make sure to include pictures of the details that help prove authenticity:

- Hologram sticker
- Authenticity card
- CHANEL & Made in Italy/France stamps
- Screws on back of CC or Mademoiselle closures
- Zipper pulls
- Underside of Zipper Heads
- Front/Side/Bottom/Back of bag
- Carebooklets, dustbags, and boxes (stickers on outside of box are very helpful)
- If you have saved price tags and boxes

Remember that eBay and PayPal fees are going to take up about 8-10% of your final value so account for that in your price.

For me personally reserve auctions turn me off. I'd just rather a seller start the auction at the lowest price their willing to sell.

Thank you for all your advice.

However, this is the first time I have tried selling my items on eBay. I have purchased things on ebay (73 stars - some chanel bags included). I am also posting some jewelry to sell too. Will that help as a seller? Or do I need to sell more Chanel items to get a good seller rating ?

:confused1:

hello again,

Has anyone had any success in taking a picture of the CC hologram on the serial card ? I've tried to do it, but I just get glare.

Yes is possible but also tricky- try w/ flaslight and without, and take it w/ a "macro on" and don't zoom it too much, take several pictures until you get a clear one. Hope this helps.

Thank you smoothoprtr.

I always wondered why some of the Chanel handbags had so many pictures !!! I thought a copy of the original receipt would work too.

Receipts can be faked and most reputable sellers do not post pictures of receipts. You don't really want your personal information all over the Inet.

I think these days you need to watermark your photos, at least that's what I think it's called. Otherwise someone can "steal" your photos to use in their own auction! Unfortunately, I don't know how one goes about "watermarking" their photos, but the savvy girls on here could tell you I'm sure!

All great advice! I do post photos of my original receipt but cover up my personal info with a pen or just photograph the top of the receipt that shows the store and transaction. I also include the original receipt with purchase. I know a lot of sellers don't do this but I find it helps reassure buyers. I offer a return policy, which a lot of sellers don't do; this also provides reassurance to the buyer that they're not stuck with something they may not like, as it is hard to buy sight-unseen.

Be polite to potential buyers. Answer questions, even the ones that make your eyes roll.

The more information you include in your auction the better. It can be hard to read long auction text so I separate mine into categories:

-Important Information (state authenticity info - hologram matches card and on box, bag in the photos is what is sent, you don't buy fakes and won't sell fakes, etc.)

-Pricing Information (I always divulge retail price and am honest about profit if that is my intention. The buyer is going to get the original receipt and may be upset if they find they paid more than I did. Again, I'm NOT the norm! I'm honest to a fault, and I think this is why I have never had problems after a sale.)

-Description of Item

-Shipping Terms

-Return Policy

Separating the auction into categories makes for easy reading versus one long, run-on paragraph a lot of sellers use.

Yeah I am looking for the wallet on chain or a PST (more the PST), used one as I have very tight budget of $500 hahahahhaaaaaaa see I can ever find anything in that price range