Advice on Selling A LV Bag

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,
    I am new to forum so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I wanted advice on selling a Speedy 35 monogram bag I bought in 2011. In the last 5 years I have only taken it out max 4 days total. It is still practically brand new and only has one tiny water mark. I put it on Tradesy after getting low quotes from Fashionphile and Yoogi's but I'm not sure about the price. With tax I paid about $800 but now the price has defiantly increased so what do you think would be a reasonable price to list it at? I was hoping to at least get what I paid out of it. Or is that unrealistic as it is used. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I've never sold anything.

2. Wow that is very new! What currency? A Speedy 35 currently retails at approx CA$1500 (including tax). I would probably list at CA$1000 and see how it goes. Be prepared for the low ballers :sad:

3. Currency is US. Now with tax it would be $1,060. After Tradesy gets their cut I would cash out for $806. I really would like to get back around $800 but I'm just not sure if that's possible. I'm not in a huge rush to sell it so I don't mind waiting. I did get a message about $650 but I just felt that for the condition it's in that's defiantly too low. Especially when I see others for that price or more in worse condition. I also don't want someone to over pay because I wouldn't want to over pay either.

4. Wow! Yea, don't list at 800s and definetely not the 600s. Perhaps 950USD? Although it is high, I think people like the idea of saving some tax. If you are not in a rush, definetely wait it out. Hope you get the best offer :smile:

5. Business 101: list it high and consider best offers.

6. I'm glad to know I was on the right page with my thinking on the price. Thank you so much for the advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice