Advice on sale purchase needed!

kyliegul

O.G.
Jun 19, 2009
Hi ladies and merry Xmas!
I visited hof today to make a mulberry sale purchase but now I'm having total buyers remorse and need some help! I had been eyeing up the sale stock on .com on Xmas eve and was keen on the reg alexa in waders sparkle tweed, which I duly purchased this morning. However, almost as soon as we got back to the car I just didn't feel 100% about it and sort of wished I'd gone for the black tillie. The only thing is, I find the tillie shoulder strap a teensy bit short, although its not a major problem.
So now I don't quite know what to do - take Lexie back and exchange for tillie or keep Lexie? What do you guys think of the wader sparkle tweed?
Grrrr - am so confused!

Hi ladies and merry Xmas!
I visited hof today to make a mulberry sale purchase but now I'm having total buyers remorse and need some help! I had been eyeing up the sale stock on .com on Xmas eve and was keen on the reg alexa in waders sparkle tweed, which I duly purchased this morning. However, almost as soon as we got back to the car I just didn't feel 100% about it and sort of wished I'd gone for the black tillie. The only thing is, I find the tillie shoulder strap a teensy bit short, although its not a major problem.
So now I don't quite know what to do - take Lexie back and exchange for tillie or keep Lexie? What do you guys think of the wader sparkle tweed?
Grrrr - am so confused!

I wouldnt have the the tweed for one reason is it wears off so that would automaticly put me off i had a bag this year in sparkle tweed and it went horribly wrong and it went back and i had to replace it which i did for the polly push lock. So that would put me off buying if because of how it wears

Take the Alexa back. I think you will always regret it as it isn't as hardwearing as the Tillie. I if I could afford to buy another bag atm it would be a Tillie in brown/Tan.

Hmm thanks ladies. I have a beautiful plonge Lexie which is gorgeous but the piping needs replacing as its worn through, whereas tillie definitely seems more durable. Im very careful with my bags but at the same time i want to know I can actually use them without panicking everytime I go out!

Definitely return it. I did the exact same thing today. Bought the Mitzy tote in eggplant, shop was heaving so didn't try it on. Loved the look of the bag, got home, tried it on and didn't like it at all. Thought maybe it would be fine but after a few hours of it niggling the back of my mind I went back to the store and exchanged it for the east west eggplant Mitzy and I'm so much happier.

I talked a girl out of sparkle tweed in the shop today, I honestly wouldn't spend my money on it.
The tillie is lovely, my choice today was between the tillie and the Mitzy, only went for the Mitzy because I needed something a bit bigger.

I have a bag in the sparkle tweed and although gorgeous it does need babying. If you are going to use your alexa with the long strap either cross body or as a shoulder strap the sparkle will wear off where it hits against your body when you're wearing it.
Tillie is lovely but the matt leather can scratch quite easily. There also seems to be loads of them left so there might be a further price reduction on them like there was in the last sale.
I would take it back and exchange for something else.

i agree with all the ladies, i would take lexie tweed back, now that u have that doubt in your mind, i dont think it will go away, i know how you feel, i bought tilly sparkle tweed in the S/S sale but didnt feel right so i exchanged her for tilly chestnut, less then a week after i bought her home, she was reduced further! my local M.store still had tilly at the further reduced price so they did give me the differance bk i hav had colour transfer on my tilly but you should be fine as your getting black xxxx

Yes take it back and change it. I had a serious niggle yesterday deciding between two bags. Bought the mini Alexa in conker as I had lusted over it, but when I got home realised I already had the mini Alexa in black and the SBS in conker and this new one was just over doing it. So I went back today and exchanged for the other bag I had been thinking about.

The niggle will only get stronger!

Yes take it back and change it. I had a serious niggle yesterday deciding between two bags. Bought the mini Alexa in conker as I had lusted over it, but when I got home realised I already had the mini Alexa in black and the SBS in conker and this new one was just over doing it. So I went back today and exchanged for the other bag I had been thinking about.

The niggle will only get stronger!

ooo you doing a reveal?

Ahh thanks for your views ladies, I have decided to take her back and swap for a tillie, but I don't know whether to wait a few days and see if they reduce her further or go over tomorrow! Ha I'm so indecisive!!!

I think sometimes we buy things on impulse because its on sale rather than actually wanting it. If the tweed alexa was for full price would you have still purchased it? See with my sale purchases I would have..

I think if you don't really love it you should return it.. otherwise it will sit there in your wardrobe never being used.

Oh I agree completely! It had been my plan for a while to get something in the sales but I think I was so stressed by all the women grabbing whatever they could that I just grabbed the Lexie!

Update -my lovely husband and I went over to a very windy wet Glasgow this morning and managed to exchange the waders sparkle tweed alexa for the last tillie left in house of Fraser (black). As a further bonus, I managed to get a further discount of 20% as there was a small scratch to one of the buckles (pays to have a cheeky husband asking for discount!) so I actually managed to get a real bargain! Very happy now, no second thoughts at all :smile: very little stock left in hof Glasgow now almost all sale stuff gone. Thanks for all your advice!

Update -my lovely husband and I went over to a very windy wet Glasgow this morning and managed to exchange the waders sparkle tweed alexa for the last tillie left in house of Fraser (black). As a further bonus, I managed to get a further discount of 20% as there was a small scratch to one of the buckles (pays to have a cheeky husband asking for discount!) so I actually managed to get a real bargain! Very happy now, no second thoughts at all :smile: very little stock left in hof Glasgow now almost all sale stuff gone. Thanks for all your advice!

Excellent news! And an extra well done to your cheeky husband :biggrin: