Advice on ridding pen marks?

Yorelica

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Hi ladies, once again I need your expertise...

My togo Kelly that I've been using for a day has gotten a pen mark on the inside flap... I'm not super upset about it...but I guess I would like to know what I can do to maybe get rid of it? (other than bringing it to the store because its not a biggie, but always nice to be pen "free").
Oh...and I've tried eraser and makeup remover already...not much luck! :Push:

Or a couple years down the road, when I reburish it...they can look after it then?

Thanks so much!!! :heart:
Y.

^^^^ Ooooooo .... pen marks are a tough stain to remove. Sorry to hear what has happened. Unless someone has a magical stain remover, my SA did mention to me pen marks cannot be removed!

There's a handbag-cleaning shop which I used to bring my spy bags, etc to for cleaning once in a while. I asked them and they said, sorry, pen marks cannot be removed. No way. Since then I carry my pens in a small pencil case before putting them in my bag. So sorry to hear this.

I wouldn't try using any chemical on the bag, certainly not alcohol. It can blotch it leather. Your best bag would be to bring to Hermes and see if they have any advice for you. Good luck!

Per the request of @addiCCted I'm reviving the only pen mark thread I could find that's not focused on a specific leather....a very very old thread! Reiterating that H spa is always your best recourse in a situation like this.

I have taken pen marks off of H bags twice.

Once, in the interior of a Clemence Birkin, so, chèvre leather. THE ONLY REASON I TRIED THIS is because as we all know, H will not clean bag interiors. These marks were pretty extensive (from a broken pen) and not new. With Lexol cleaning wipes I was able to remove most but NOT all. I wiped gently then blotted gently. And blotted. And blotted again. Ink came off on the wipes every time. I would NOT suggest even trying this on a bag exterior...too much risk of taking off pigment. But, it did remove the majority of the marks.

Once on the front panel of a very old Box calf Kelly (the mark was not disclosed when I bought it). In this case I very gently wiped with Lexol leather conditioner (NOT cleaner). I was very surprised that the mark came off, but it came off entirely. If it had not come off, I would have taken the bag to Hermès, or returned it.

I have heard that the same products that remove hair dye from skin can help remove pen marks from leather, but personally, would be too chicken to try this except again possibly on a bag interior.