Advice on repairing GG Marmont belt please

styledinsepia

Nov 24, 2015
Hello,

I purchased the GG Marmont belt just before Christmas and have only worn it a handful of times. I wore it on Saturday night and when I went to put it away on Sunday morning I realised that it is so scratched that the brass finish has come off in some areas. I am really careful with my things so I am thinking that the belt I have is defective? Has anyone has this experience witht this item?

I have emailed Gucci to see if there is anything that can be done. I would be willing to pay to have it repaired. Does anyone know what their repairs service is like? Would they replace the buckle?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I am so upset as I have barely had time to enjoy the belt!

Thought I'd update you all just in case anyone needs a gucci item replaced.

I emailed customer services a couple of times and have still had no response, they are awful!!

I eventually called the nearest store (3 hours away) and they advised me to bring in the belt to them, this was obviously not possible so they let me post it instead. They recieved it on Monday and have just emailed me (Thursday) to say that they are sending it away to have the buckle replaced free of charge.... YAY!!

The moral of the story..... Don't waste your time with customer services online or over the phone! Get in touch with your nearest store and they will sort you out.

Thought I'd update you all just in case anyone needs a gucci item replaced.

I emailed customer services a couple of times and have still had no response, they are awful!!

I eventually called the nearest store (3 hours away) and they advised me to bring in the belt to them, this was obviously not possible so they let me post it instead. They recieved it on Monday and have just emailed me (Thursday) to say that they are sending it away to have the buckle replaced free of charge.... YAY!!

The moral of the story..... Don't waste your time with customer services online or over the phone! Get in touch with your nearest store and they will sort you out.
Good to know and glad your store helped you - amazing!

This is so good to hear, thank you! How long did it take for the repair? I've been so disappointed in the way my buckle discolored over a just a 5 month period.
I posted it to the store on 29 January, they posted it to their repair centre on 1 February, they received it back from repair on 14 February and I recieved it the next day. So two weeks in total even though they quoted 6-8 weeks. You should definitely get in touch with your nearest store and see what they say - they might repair yours too :smile:

Reactions: MrsJoff
I posted it to the store on 29 January, they posted it to their repair centre on 1 February, they received it back from repair on 14 February and I recieved it the next day. So two weeks in total even though they quoted 6-8 weeks. You should definitely get in touch with your nearest store and see what they say - they might repair yours too :smile:
Thank you! Definitely giving it a try!

I just ordered my Gucci GG 4cm belt last month and have only worn it once on Christmas (thanks to the lockdown) for 4-5 hours and the hole has stretched already. Is that normal? Thanks all. x

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-24 at 11.03.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-24 at 11.03.52.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 4