Advice on recent eBay purchase...

OP, i would probably keep them if the shoes are pristine, but i would be p****d and expect some money back, not only because the seller lied and misrepresented location of the item, but quite frankly you're lucky the shoes even made it to you and weren't brazenly stolen along the way, since the box & logo etc are readily seen.

i have heard of an eBay seller doing this before to a member on the forum, but that was soon after i joined in 2009. i would think it's common courtesy to ship any pair of shoes (luxury or not) in a postal box, but some people clearly don't understand how to sell.

heiress-ox said:
OP, i would probably keep them if the shoes are pristine, but i would be p****d and expect some money back, not only because the seller lied and misrepresented location of the item, but quite frankly you're lucky the shoes even made it to you and weren't brazenly stolen along the way, since the box & logo etc are readily seen.

i have heard of an eBay seller doing this before to a member on the forum, but that was soon after i joined in 2009. i would think it's common courtesy to ship any pair of shoes (luxury or not) in a postal box, but some people clearly don't understand how to sell.

Yeah, that's exactly what went through my mind and I think I actually asked the seller if he was crazy for shipping the shoes like that. Of course, the seller has not responded to my eBay messages (and I did open a case). The shoes are gorgeous though...so, when I look at them I want to keep them. But, I don't want to reward bad behavior. (it also will cost me 100-200 to ship back...and I have to buy a box.)

Thank you for the feedback too! It's good to know I'm not being over-critical/crazy buyer for being really grrrr! So much love for this forum! :smile:

JetSetGo! said:
It sounds like the best thing to do is to return them. Just make sure you don't have to pay to send them back.

It hurts to say this, but I think that is my best option too. (despite how gorgeous the actual shoes are). And, I've already stated to the seller (which obviously didn't get very far since he doesn't comprehend that his actions were not proper for selling on eBay). I will prob call eBay and at the very least have them add a note about the shipping fiasco (and prob also state that since the seller didn't ship them in a box, I also need to purchase one of those too.)

mrl1005 said:
So, I just rec'd my pair of Hot Pink LPs. I won the item, and I paid for them right away. The seller was delayed in shipping them, but it wasn't a big deal. The seller was suppossed to be in California, but when I finally got the tracking number the package was being sent from Singapore. This is how they arrived...

There was no box for them to be shipped in...the seller taped the actual box! Am I being crazy for being :cursing::mad::rant::censor::rant::mad:??

I had someone ship me a pair in the actual CL shoebox too. I was shocked! Some people pay $50 for a CL box on eBay and she wrapped a pound of tape around the box. Someone could have easily stolen them as no signature was required and she didn't insure them. The box was slightly banged up but luckily the shoes were in great condition but I did end the seller a polite note giving her a heads up that this wasn't cool! Mine were a pair of my UHGs so I was not about to give them back!

The seller fraudulently stating that he was in the US is a completely different issue! Who does that? Did you encounter any customs fees? Are you sending them back?

I would be mad about the box too. The heel taps not so much, they are junk anyway. I would return and buy them from Saks. The seller obviously doesn't understand about selling luxury high end goods.

Last edited:
They are gorgeous shoes! (I'm favorable to LPs, and this will be #4 of the collection), but I have a discount code to Saks which would make these same shoes only slightly more than what I paid for them from this seller. This may be the icing on the cake (because usually I don't mind that much about this from an eBay purchase), but there are no heel taps included. [reality this is the sprinkle on top of the cake] Im still infuriated about how it was "packaged" (or shall I say taped?) with the Barney's sticker and the name of the shoe showing for all to see. I'm hoping the seller is young because if the seller is an adult and doesn't realize this is not a brilliant idea...

As far as the heel taps go, they are not the best heel taps anyway, and maybe he did not have the heel taps to begin with. I have received CLs from boutiques and department stores without the heel taps, they get misplaced often when ppl are trying the shoes on etc.. Did he state in the auction that they came with the heel taps?
I agree that they way he sent them is ridiculous! I mean really for all to see what is in the box? At the very list he could have wrapped it! I would be upset over this too! And would ask for a little compensation for the box being messed up in the process.
I also understand your concern over the location of the shoes being misrepresented. I really don't understand his need to lie about the location he was selling from.
Most likely you would have to pay for return shipping as the you stated yourself that the shoes themselves are in excellent condition. I would just keep the shoes bc it's not as if they were damaged or arrived to you in the condition you did not expect. (except for the box of course)
It's the lack of the seller's honesty and care with sending your package that seems to be the real issue.
You could look on the bright side: you were sent authentic shoes in good condition.

Ladies......do not buy from Celebshoes. They have the minimalist of minimal stock with absolutely no refunds under any circumstances. The chances of you obtaining an exchange are slim to none which means you are left to sell your brand new shoes on your own. You must know the exact size you need along with the style. Best not to bother with this one. Trust me....lots of heartache and they never get back to you unless you are emailing them. They have your money and that is all that matters. Stay away from Celebshoes or find a reputable store.

I had someone ship me a pair in the actual CL shoebox too. I was shocked! Some people pay $50 for a CL box on eBay and she wrapped a pound of tape around the box. Someone could have easily stolen them as no signature was required and she didn't insure them. The box was slightly banged up but luckily the shoes were in great condition but I did end the seller a polite note giving her a heads up that this wasn't cool! Mine were a pair of my UHGs so I was not about to give them back!

The seller fraudulently stating that he was in the US is a completely different issue! Who does that? Did you encounter any customs fees? Are you sending them back?
That's exactly what I said. I still have them in my possession since I opened up a case with PayPal. I will know on the 1st (hopefully) on what the result will be. Why the seller lied about location? Absolutely no clue.

As far as the heel taps go, they are not the best heel taps anyway, and maybe he did not have the heel taps to begin with. I have received CLs from boutiques and department stores without the heel taps, they get misplaced often when ppl are trying the shoes on etc.. Did he state in the auction that they came with the heel taps?
I agree that they way he sent them is ridiculous! I mean really for all to see what is in the box? At the very list he could have wrapped it! I would be upset over this too! And would ask for a little compensation for the box being messed up in the process.
I also understand your concern over the location of the shoes being misrepresented. I really don't understand his need to lie about the location he was selling from.
Most likely you would have to pay for return shipping as the you stated yourself that the shoes themselves are in excellent condition. I would just keep the shoes bc it's not as if they were damaged or arrived to you in the condition you did not expect. (except for the box of course)
It's the lack of the seller's honesty and care with sending your package that seems to be the real issue.
You could look on the bright side: you were sent authentic shoes in good condition.
Oh, agreed! The shoes are amazing and authentic, but for all I know they could just be super amazing fakes, stolen, etc. [Seller stated if I return them my mom gets the money, but if I sell them I keep the money. It sound super fishy, and it makes me feel uneasy.] I've contacted the seller, but to no avail the seller has not responded. If shipping is not paid, then I'm keeping these beauties. But, I'm hoping that since lying about the location is a blatant disregard of eBay's policy and there was no way for me to know until these were shipped, that at least I'm protected on that end.

But, yes the positive is they are amazing shoes! And thank goodness I didn't have custom fees (even though in the listing the friggen seller copied and pasted from another person's post that the buyer is responsible for all custom fees!) Grrr!

Oh, agreed! The shoes are amazing and authentic, but for all I know they could just be super amazing fakes, stolen, etc. [Seller stated if I return them my mom gets the money, but if I sell them I keep the money. It sound super fishy, and it makes me feel uneasy.] I've contacted the seller, but to no avail the seller has not responded. If shipping is not paid, then I'm keeping these beauties. But, I'm hoping that since lying about the location is a blatant disregard of eBay's policy and there was no way for me to know until these were shipped, that at least I'm protected on that end.

But, yes the positive is they are amazing shoes! And thank goodness I didn't have custom fees (even though in the listing the friggen seller copied and pasted from another person's post that the buyer is responsible for all custom fees!) Grrr!

There is really no way that they could be that identical to the real thing that there is something that does not give them away as fakes. If you even have a little doubt you should post them in the authentication thread.

NANI1972 said:
There is really no way that they could be that identical to the real thing that there is something that does not give them away as fakes. If you even have a little doubt you should post them in the authentication thread.

Yeah, I prob will. I mean I'm pretty sure their authentic. I just really distrust the seller. It's so silly to lie about location. (Its not that you can't post worldwide via eBay). It's just the dishonesty and the lack of care for the item. I just never met anyone that was dumb enough to send uninsured via USPS (or Singapore air) and with the price tag and everything sticking out. (Granted if they were replicas, there would be much more anger.)

I got a result on these, and I have to say this was the best early bday present ever!!!! (My bday is Friday). I contacted the seller, tried to get a partial refund, and expressed that I wanted to return these with him paying the shipping because of his lie to me (and the way they were packages). I opened up a case with PayPal, and the waiting ensued. I updated with all info...the seller never responded to PayPal either.

So, today I got a response that the case was decided in my favor. And further action needed by me is....nothing! Is it okay that I'm super happy by this?

I got a result on these, and I have to say this was the best early bday present ever!!!! (My bday is Friday). I contacted the seller, tried to get a partial refund, and expressed that I wanted to return these with him paying the shipping because of his lie to me (and the way they were packages). I opened up a case with PayPal, and the waiting ensued. I updated with all info...the seller never responded to PayPal either.

So, today I got a response that the case was decided in my favor. And further action needed by me is....nothing! Is it okay that I'm super happy by this?

Awesome! Congrats. Happy B-day!