advice on price or keep

Lisie

O.G.
Dec 10, 2006
Hey all,

I recently have been thinking about selling my 2006 putty stam, because I hardly ever use it. I feel bad for the bag. I always forget that I have it. For how much do you think I could sell it? Or should I keep it in case I start using it? I really love the style and everything it is just that I use my other bags more. It is really pretty, it's the only once with blue suede. hm.
:smile:

Thanks.

well, right now ebay is in a bit of a funk. stams are selling for the lowest i have ever seen them sell for. if you're buying, it's not really a bad thing, but if your selling, you might be doing so at a loss. not only that but the increased fees from ebay/paypal also make it kinda icky to sell.

since you've had it for a while, you might try listing it with a BIN price and 'best offer' option. that way, it will only sell if someone is willing to pay what YOU want for it. you could also try listing it on BONanza.

Putty seems to still bring in more than your basic stam. I'd estimate it'd sell for between $550-700 in the current market

Putty seems to still bring in more than your basic stam. I'd estimate it'd sell for between $550-700 in the current market

Thanks. I had it for a while but it's more or less new. I think I used it maybe three times.:smile:

It's a shame they are increasing the fewes- I recently had to pay a huge amount to paypal it is ridiculous, it's definitely no fun for sellers. It makes me want not to use these online auctionplatforms and rather sell it directly. It is a shame for all those looking for something and not having the opportunity to have all these second hand/retail boutiques near them :sad:.

Let's see what I am going to do.

Putty is a really versatile and beautiful color.

Maybe you should keep it for a little while if you don't want to lose money on it. I've been a buyer so this season has been a great stam market for me. Fortunately (or unfortunately), a lot of near new stams are going for under $500.

Oh I don't know how your tax season works in Europe but I made out like a bandit selling my own MbMJ etc the weeks following tax refunds, so maybe hold off until then?

Maybe you should keep it for a little while if you don't want to lose money on it. I've been a buyer so this season has been a great stam market for me. Fortunately (or unfortunately), a lot of near new stams are going for under $500.

Oh I don't know how your tax season works in Europe but I made out like a bandit selling my own MbMJ etc the weeks following tax refunds, so maybe hold off until then?

For buyers its paradise I know haha. I wish I was buying instead of thinking of selling it ;)

Maybe I just keep it and try to use it more. It's also a little heavy which I don't like :smile:

Hey all,

I recently have been thinking about selling my 2006 putty stam, because I hardly ever use it. I feel bad for the bag. I always forget that I have it. For how much do you think I could sell it? Or should I keep it in case I start using it? I really love the style and everything it is just that I use my other bags more. It is really pretty, it's the only once with blue suede. hm.
:smile:

Thanks.
I have a putty hobo circa 2004 and I am going through the same decision making process as you. You may want to solicit a quote to the bag borrow or steal sister site to get a sense of what they will offer. You could also check out their website for comparable bags and prices. good luck

I would definitely hold off on selling on *bay right now unless you really need the $$ or don't mind what you get for your stam. Some really nice bags are going for ridiculously low prices right now or not selling at all. That and the fees..... Blah.
You could always list on Bonanza if you're not pressed to sell. I always find that selling there is much slower b/c of the lower traffic, but their fees are like - what? - $5. Just my 2 cents as a frequent seller.

I have a putty hobo circa 2004 and I am going through the same decision making process as you. You may want to solicit a quote to the bag borrow or steal sister site to get a sense of what they will offer. You could also check out their website for comparable bags and prices. good luck

hey thanks for sharing this. It's a tough decision as I really want a normal price for it if I am going to sell it. Also I would consider trading it in for another bag.

Keep me posted how your selling is going.