Advice on Phantom Luggage

I took my phantom out today and yes, I was reminded of how heavy it is. That being said, I did load it up. I can actually wiggle it up and shoulder carry in a pinch; it’s obvious not designed to be worn like this so it does get bulky but if you really need hands free and your arm fits it is doable. I love the giant opening on mine, and I keep the belt permanently cinched to give it a bit more structure. I’ll be the first to admit it’s not a practical bag; it would be cumbersome for travel or work, but if you’re shopping and driving a lot you can get a LOAD of stuff in there and get an arm workout in the meantime, haha! It’s a very dramatic bag to me, even in neutral colors. It DEMANDS attention, which I kind of like. And it’s just such a wellmade, beautiful bag. Once broken in they really do acquire what I consider to be a lovely slouch as the leather softens, but a purse insert can restore shape if you dislike that.

I would say if you’re a fan of Celine, you don’t do a lot of commuting, and are physically able to shoulder carry if you have to, you won’t be sorry. In spite of the heaviness I find myself using it more than my micro (which to be fair I also utterly adore; however it’s debossed leather so has very little give and less capacity) just because I feel like as long as I am willing to handle the weight, it can take whatever I throw at it.

thank you so much for that in-depth review [emoji5] i‘m definitely going to a celine store as soon as i can

I've had mine since 2013...no problems. I think it's great for travel. Yes, it's heavy but it typically sits shotgun. I don't think I'd get rid of mine ever [emoji39]