Advice on lily decision please

Tonimichelle

It’s all about the bag!
O.G.
Apr 9, 2013
Hi all,
Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm very new to this although I've been reading the forum for ages!
Anyhow, I recently purchased a lily in pistachio glossy goat and I love it! In fact I love it so much I really Neeeeeed ;) another Lily.
Ideally one in a slightly darker colour and a little more structured.
Can anyone tell me how the different leathers compare? I love the indigo soft grain on m.com but (excuse the stupid question) does softgrain mean soft? How is shiny goat compared to glossy goat? What about micrograin calf?
If I can get some idea of which leather to pick it then narrows down colours and it's becoming all consuming at the moment!
Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi all,
Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm very new to this although I've been reading the forum for ages!
Anyhow, I recently purchased a lily in pistachio glossy goat and I love it! In fact I love it so much I really Neeeeeed ;) another Lily.
Ideally one in a slightly darker colour and a little more structured.
Can anyone tell me how the different leathers compare? I love the indigo soft grain on m.com but (excuse the stupid question) does softgrain mean soft? How is shiny goat compared to glossy goat? What about micrograin calf?
If I can get some idea of which leather to pick it then narrows down colours and it's becoming all consuming at the moment!
Thanks in advance :smile:
Welcome to the Mulberry forum :smile:

There is lots of information across the forum, so whilst you're waiting for other members to make some suggestions, have a nose around as these threads may help answer some of your questions...

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry...fferent-mulberry-leathers-a-guide-176042.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/bayswater-glossy-goat-or-soft-grain-leather-868997.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-reference-library/the-mulberry-lily-pics-only-638261.html

:smile:

Last edited:
Based on my own (limited) personal experience:

Shiny goat is stiffer and more structured than glossy goat - and a lot more shiny

Soft grain is nice and thick, and seems to keep its shape well at least in smaller bag sizes I have a black Lily in this (regular size) and love it. Before I bought the soft grain, I wanted grainy print or spongy pebbled (previous season versions came in these leathers) and didn't instinctively like the look of the soft grain - but now I love it!

I also have a regular Lily in glossy goat, and it is lovely but I think it might slouch a bit more than the soft grain - not as much as spongy pebbled though (could be wrong - others on here will know better as I haven't actually used this Lily yet). Still love it though!

Finally - I keep these bags stuffed well when not in use to make sure they retain their shape as much as possible.

Good luck choosing your next one!

Based on my own (limited) personal experience:

Shiny goat is stiffer and more structured than glossy goat - and a lot more shiny

Soft grain is nice and thick, and seems to keep its shape well at least in smaller bag sizes I have a black Lily in this (regular size) and love it. Before I bought the soft grain, I wanted grainy print or spongy pebbled (previous season versions came in these leathers) and didn't instinctively like the look of the soft grain - but now I love it!

I also have a regular Lily in glossy goat, and it is lovely but I think it might slouch a bit more than the soft grain - not as much as spongy pebbled though (could be wrong - others on here will know better as I haven't actually used this Lily yet). Still love it though!

Finally - I keep these bags stuffed well when not in use to make sure they retain their shape as much as possible.

Good luck choosing your next one!
PS 'soft grain' is a large grain, if that helps!

That's brilliant! Thank you so much for your help :smile: Now I've just got to find a colour I like, bright maybe blue or green, but darker than my pistachio for winter (gives me an excuse to buy another one!).

That's brilliant! Thank you so much for your help :smile: Now I've just got to find a colour I like, bright maybe blue or green, but darker than my pistachio for winter (gives me an excuse to buy another one!).
oooh get indigo so I can see a photo!! hehe.
I have black buffalo shine in regular lily which isn't too soft or too stiff and black grainy print in medium lily which isn't floppy either.
lily bags are lovely! I want MORE!

I like the indigo and now that I know soft grain isn't too soft that is a possibility ;) just not too keen on paying full price in the last couple of years as prices have risen so much so it hurts a bit!
I adore the emerald colour and also bluebell although those are a bit trickier to get. I also like eggplant but not sure that's the right leather for me, oh and the orange one too!
Most are being considered, just not oak (I have a gorgeous old battered oak emmy) or any shade of pink, it's surprised me enough that I love the lily and that is a girly step too far!