Leather Choice for SO Birkin

• Clemence Thalassa Bleu

• Mysore Thalassa Bleu

• Epsom Thalassa Bleu

Results are only viewable after voting.

patois

O.G.
Aug 9, 2006
I could use as much expert insight as possible on choosing a leather for my first Birkin, a SO 35 in Thalassa Bleu. I have been waiting to get this color for the last year; it is my HG color after ogling everyone's gorgeous bags here! The SA has told me that the available leathers are Clemence, Epsom and Mysore. My preference would be box or swift, which is the leather of my gold Kelly, but apparently they aren't options. I was planning to do gold hw, but in these leather choices I'm not so sure. I think the Clemence might look better w/ palladium. I like shinier leather, but not at the same time, not too stiff. I've been studying the lether guide but I would love all input. I can always wait til I get to the H boutique in about 2 weeks, but I can't wait!

I'm no expert but I think if you have a preference for a shiny leather look then probably it would be better no to pick Clemence no? Then again it is the softest... I'd say for a bit of shiny and a bit of soft Mysore... But please don't take my word for it. You should choose what makes your heart fly!

I would recommend BT in Mysore. There is a picture somewhere in this forum of a poster's SO Birkin in Mysore and its stunning, stunning, stunning. Mind you, she had to wait 3 yrs for the order to come in.

I find TB pretty dark in Clemence right now.

I believe TB is also avail in Tadelekt

If you like shiny, get mysore. There is a sheen to it. Clemence is soft and will make the thalassa color look darker and richer. Epsom will be textured which is nice, but the color will not be as rich as mysore or clemence. As for hardware, that is really a personal preference. I like both, but with thalassa, I say PH.

If you prefer shiny leather, I would go for chevre mysore. I love clemence, but the blue will look darker... I'd choose phw with blue, but also gold would look great.

TB clemence. I picked this Plume b/c I find it almost color-true. Maybe just a smidge light. Most TB in pics come out lighter than they really are IRL

IMG_5174.jpg

Someone's SO Mysore TB Birkin which took 3.5 yrs to arrive

attachment.php

Thalassa blue looks darkest in clemence, then mysore and the lightest in epsom. I find that thalassa epsom is a medium blue (with a hint of green - quite close to box IMO). Depends on whether u like TB dark or with the blue-green hint