Advice on jumbo tricolor flap bag !

Chrismin

.. an Hermes a day keeps the Doctor at play ..
Apr 18, 2020
Hi! With this pandemic I have really been focusing on closet organization and consolidating my purses
I have several Chanel flap bags and this particular one is a jumbo tricolor
I have owned this bag probably for a good 8+ years but have used it a handful of times
Problem is that it’s not big enough or functional enough as a day bag - I’m a full time working mom - I use a tote for work and on wkds on mom duty and on weekends I end up using cross body .
And yet I think the colors of bag prohibit me from using for the occasional night outs! I appreciate the aesthetics of the bag - was thinking of selling but then wonder If I may regret it down the line ... any thoughts and advice would be appreciated
10D1FD88-AD03-48E3-A4C1-8FF4E5E5C08A.jpeg

A0361CD0-D4C3-4744-97CA-FD89469B67B5.jpeg

It’s a gorgeous bag! However if you’re not using it and think you won’t miss it, then sell it. Now, if you’re wondering if you will regret it there might be something there telling you not to sell it. Keep in mind this is not a common bag, once sold it would be very very hard to get it back. If you are ok with this and can part ways, then do it.

Thanks for your thoughts ! Will be pondering this !
Hi! With this pandemic I have really been focusing on closet organization and consolidating my purses
I have several Chanel flap bags and this particular one is a jumbo tricolor
I have owned this bag probably for a good 8+ years but have used it a handful of times
Problem is that it’s not big enough or functional enough as a day bag - I’m a full time working mom - I use a tote for work and on wkds on mom duty and on weekends I end up using cross body .
And yet I think the colors of bag prohibit me from using for the occasional night outs! I appreciate the aesthetics of the bag - was thinking of selling but then wonder If I may regret it down the line ... any thoughts and advice would be appreciated
View attachment 4828300

View attachment 4828301

Reactions: ArielNature
I think this one may be hard to sell...that may help your decision maybe? It's clearly well looked after though. Maybe get some quotes from trusted resellers and then decide if you would be willing to let it go. If you can get a good price let it go, if you are low balled keep it. This has helped my decision making with whether to keep or sell in the past.
Good luck.

FASHIONPHILE Gave me a super low offer which I passed on
TRR aid quoting probably 4000-4500 consignment and I would get 80% of it
Otherwise I could get 60% upfront payment
I can’t remember what I paid - prob close to 5500-5700?

I think this one may be hard to sell...that may help your decision maybe? It's clearly well looked after though. Maybe get some quotes from trusted resellers and then decide if you would be willing to let it go. If you can get a good price let it go, if you are low balled keep it. This has helped my decision making with whether to keep or sell in the past.
Good luck.

If you keep asking yourself, then the answer might be yes.

Also, imo that bag has a very dated look because of the color-way despite it being a classic flap. I’d keep it if it’s a solid color, but it looks very dated. Again, just my opinion. You could try to sell it independently or ask a IG personal shopper to sell if for you (haven’t tried any of them but I keep reading about them here) for the price you got it for or maybe even a little more- close to the jumbo flap’s current price.

Reactions: Chrismin
You are prob right!
What book is this ? I think I need to read a book on minimalism!

There are two I swear by- the Marie Kondo books, have helped me identify what sparks joy- it’s not about how much you have but about having stuff that brings you joy... and the second, and my favorite is “goodbye things.” it’s by fumio Sasaki, And he talks about getting rid of your possessions even if they spark joy. I’ve read both books twice. I highly recommend the audible versions as you can listen while you do dishes.

Sometimes you love a bag and then you find over time your tastes have changed. I struggled to sell bags, thinking what if I want to wear it in the future, but I think the reality is, have I used it in the past, and if the answer is not that much, then that’s more of a predictor of your future choices. I sold a bag in the most gorgeous shade of Hot pink because it just never looked right with anything I wore. It was just too much pink, and a little incongruous with my style, it's hard to explain but when I would try to wear it, I wouldn’t feel joyful, I’d feel old, and blah, even though the color was hip and the leather was gorgeous. I also sold a Gucci soho disco which did spark joy, but I never wore it because it felt too young for me. I had other bags that sparked more joy, and I felt bad having it sit in my closet unloved. I might regret selling it, and I might just use my other bags more. It was my “safe” “practical” bag. But I just never used it and when I did, I never felt “wow.” I felt, “this bag is good.” Which is why I kept it. But i sold it, and I’ll see how I feel about it in the future. I do feel joy when using my Longchamp tote, I love that bag. And I feel joy using my Chanel bags. But it was a hard decision to let go of the Gucci, for some reason.

Right now I’m deciding about selling my card case. It sparks a little joy, but I don’t do a dance when I use it.

I don’t know if this helps, this is just my experience.

Reactions: Chrismin
There are two I swear by- the Marie Kondo books, have helped me identify what sparks joy- it’s not about how much you have but about having stuff that brings you joy... and the second, and my favorite is “goodbye things.” it’s by fumio Sasaki, And he talks about getting rid of your possessions even if they spark joy. I’ve read both books twice. I highly recommend the audible versions as you can listen while you do dishes.

Sometimes you love a bag and then you find over time your tastes have changed. I struggled to sell bags, thinking what if I want to wear it in the future, but I think the reality is, have I used it in the past, and if the answer is not that much, then that’s more of a predictor of your future choices. I sold a bag in the most gorgeous shade of Hot pink because it just never looked right with anything I wore. It was just too much pink, and a little incongruous with my style, it's hard to explain but when I would try to wear it, I wouldn’t feel joyful, I’d feel old, and blah, even though the color was hip and the leather was gorgeous. I also sold a Gucci soho disco which did spark joy, but I never wore it because it felt too young for me. I had other bags that sparked more joy, and I felt bad having it sit in my closet unloved. I might regret selling it, and I might just use my other bags more. It was my “safe” “practical” bag. But I just never used it and when I did, I never felt “wow.” I felt, “this bag is good.” Which is why I kept it. But i sold it, and I’ll see how I feel about it in the future. I do feel joy when using my Longchamp tote, I love that bag. And I feel joy using my Chanel bags. But it was a hard decision to let go of the Gucci, for some reason.

Right now I’m deciding about selling my card case. It sparks a little joy, but I don’t do a dance when I use it.

I don’t know if this helps, this is just my experience.
thanks for the advice!
im going to look into those books
and listening to them while doing dishes... how did you know that is my life ??
i know, i think i bought this bag bc i thought it was so unique but something doesnt jive--and then im thinking maybe ill be sad when i'm in my 70s ... but i gues if i havent worn it from mid thirties to now ... probl not happening!

thanks for the advice!
im going to look into those books
and listening to them while doing dishes... how did you know that is my life ??
i know, i think i bought this bag bc i thought it was so unique but something doesnt jive--and then im thinking maybe ill be sad when i'm in my 70s ... but i gues if i havent worn it from mid thirties to now ... probl not happening!

I think the same way! With the Gucci bag I said I’m going to want to wear that when I’m 60. But I don’t want to wear it at 40. So why would that change in 20 years?! Lol

I find audible keeps me sane. Stephen King is great to listen to also. I’ve been heavily purging during the quarantine, and I think there is something fulfilling in making decisions about what you keep in your life.