Advice on jeweler

LanaA

Sep 27, 2016
Hi, I wanted advice on how to deal with this problem...There is this wonderful small jewelry store that I love and have ordered from, everything from them is amazing. They claim they make custom jewelry and when I contact the company they tell me they would be happy to make me a custom order and then direct me to email their liaison for America. Whenever I do, he constantly replies, "sorry we dont do custom orders," even though it says they do on their website and I got confirmation from the company. He is obviously lying. I dont know why.

I told the company and they got in contact with the guy and told me that he said he had no memory of my email or request and the company asked me to try again. I am trying one last time but if this man refuses again is there a way to file a complaint? There are a lot of complaints against this man and all I can think is that he is related to someone that owns the company. I know I can complain with the BBB but anything else? I am so frustrated over this and feel they need to be held accountable at some level.

Thanks ladies!

Hi,

Forward the e-mail in which the liaison says no to the company and ask for an explanation. They might be able to help out with another liaison.

However there's really not much you can do from a legal standpoint if someone refuses to do business with you or more specific, won't offer a certain service.

They might have had bad experiences and switched to only selling stock/catalog items of said company.

However I would certainly agree that he could have explained that more thoughtful/careful if it was the case instead of a simple: "We don't do custom orders".

Kind regards,
Oliver

Hi,

Forward the e-mail in which the liaison says no to the company and ask for an explanation. They might be able to help out with another liaison.

However there's really not much you can do from a legal standpoint if someone refuses to do business with you or more specific, won't offer a certain service.

They might have had bad experiences and switched to only selling stock/catalog items of said company.

However I would certainly agree that he could have explained that more thoughtful/careful if it was the case instead of a simple: "We don't do custom orders".

Kind regards,
Oliver
Thank you Oliver, appreciate the advice