Advice on Hermès silver and leather jewelry

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,
I am thinking of buying my first Hermès item ever. I did a lot of browsing on their website and looked at a wide range of products, but what I ended up liking the most are these silver pieces and this lizard Kelly double tour. I also think they are the items that fill some “gap” in my wardrobe. I would appreciate any advice from you guys. Thanks. CB3B6EC3-65BD-4141-B687-296AA21F98F4.jpeg0DF0392A-9A7A-4798-8EBC-1C4B44354D43.jpeg0C44E1E0-BE8C-494A-BDB4-9A01B168DFEC.jpeg536C8BD3-7A86-4482-B4FF-6BCD60DD179F.jpeg

The bracelet is gorgeous and I was going to get it (15 links) until I tried it on my wrist. The toggle slide IMHO is bit big and I was concerned it will get caught in other things. I am sometimes clumsy.

I personally do not like toggle closures for bracelets, I have the necklace and I love it.

I also feel like if I were to spend so much on a leather bracelet then I might as well upgrade to a SS or gold piece. Also, I don't know if this is true with lizard, but snakeskin scales tend to lift over time and snag on things. But this is all just my opinion.

However, the ring and the bracelet are two things that I also have my eye on.

Bottom line, if you really like it then get it and wear it in good health.

I just got the chaine d’ancre bracelet and love it! It’s so fab and is exactly the statement piece my arm needed.

Let me check which size it is though... my SA recommended the one I got if I wanted to wear it with other bracelets - otherwise he said the next largest size would be more chunky / stand alone.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I just got this bracelet and love it , but curious - are you able to bend yours to get it tight or loose? Mine is just a tad big and I keep wondering if squeezing it would help...
You can squeeze it in. My SA said that they are made to squeeze in without any problem. That’s why i bought it. Some days i prefer it loose and some days tight so that it stays where i want it to be. ;)

Reactions: duggi84
I am apparently in the minority and would go lizard — I have 4 lizard bracelets (CDC GHW, CDC PHW, Charniere GHW, and Charniere PHW; all ombré lizard) — they look great alone or stacked with others. Plus, they essentially match everything.

Not a fan of silver jewelry from any designer. It looks great especially brand new, but I find the tarnishing/upkeep to be a PITA. Much prefer white gold.

I am apparently in the minority and would go lizard — I have 4 lizard bracelets (CDC GHW, CDC PHW, Charniere GHW, and Charniere PHW; all ombré lizard) — they look great alone or stacked with others. Plus, they essentially match everything.

Not a fan of silver jewelry from any designer. It looks great especially brand new, but I find the tarnishing/upkeep to be a PITA. Much prefer white gold.
I hear you. I bought tarnish resistant pouches for my TCO and H silver from Amazon My farandole long necklace came in this airtight box and tarnish cloth. That may help too. I’ve my first H silver for almost 2M and its sofar so good with these pouches.

Reactions: duggi84
My vote would be for the chain d'ancre bracelet..I've had it on my 'want' list for years and always end up buying other items but its a real classic yet still a statement piece

I would definitely second this. I don't have it, but my husband has a few of the Chain d'Ancre and they just really stand out in a very classy way even though he has such an edgy look. He stacks two of different sizes, which is just ridiculous and amazing all at once.

Another big reason to consider the silver is that Hermès gives you a LOT of silver (by weight) for the price. Personally I'm a Tiffany loyalist, but when comparing my Tiffany silver to his Hermès silver (one of his Chain d'Ancre cost about the same as my Hardwear double-wrap), there's obviously much more silver for your money with Hermès. I could be a Tiffany snob and call out that Tiffany's pieces are much more finely crafted, but you can't argue with the sheer weight of the H piece.

Reactions: Wwoman10013