Advice on first Hermes purchase - Oasis sandals

skigirl3136

May 22, 2020
Hi all - new to this forum and hoping someone can help advise me on a few questions related to the Oasis sandals, which I'm planning on buying as a grad gift to myself!

Sizing: I wear a US 8 street shoe, a 39 in designer heels (e.g. Jimmy Choo), and have a slightly wide toe box (not wide enough to buy wide versions of shoes, but uncomfortable in some shoes that run narrow). The Hermes site says I should buy a 38 but I'm skeptical - any advice?

Color: I'm leaning towards black because I feel like they'll go with more but the brown ("gold") is so pretty! Any advice on how to choose?

And finally, do they slide off? I usually shy away from mules/sandals without a little big toe separator because I feel like I'll just walk straight out of them. Has this happened to people?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give!

Reactions: MaryAndDogs
I’m a size 38 (can wear US8 but it’s slightly large on me depending on brand) and I find Oasis to be true to size.

I love the look but I find my feet tend to slide forward in them, hence I buy Orans instead (similar style without heel). I know friends who say the same and others who have no problems so best to try on yourself (your feet shape and arch will make a difference).

Color-wise, I vote for gold. It’s just as versatile as black but looks more special.

Hey!
The fit of these sandals depends a bit on the leather type. So, even though the size is the same some of them are more comfortable to me than others (especially in the toe area). Epson is pretty hard and inflexible so please take it into account.

Have you seen that Orans look "squarish" around the back and around the toes? Are your heels or toes square per any chance? My aren't. Pretty round the last time I've checked. So, in my opinion, the design needs an"ergonomic" upgrade ASAP.

I'm a big fan of the Orans..
Black, gold really all the colors are fabulous. Try them on for size & if there is more than one pair in your
size, try that on as well. They sometimes size wise will fit differently on your foot
For your first pair, black likely will offer the amount of versatility you will likely like

Agree with Eckw and Odette57 and others that sliding forward is a problem with the oasis. For that reason, I suggest you go up half a size, not down.

I just put the Oasis on hold at the store to research more about it. I’m going back for them next week! But just for your information, I wear 36 in Chanel and Manolos but had to size up for the Oran sandals and Oasis sandals in Gold (tan). I had the 37 of the Oasis in Gold reserved. (I had just purchased Orans for my sister two weeks ago and I wanted something different)

I tried the Oran and Oasis in Blanc (white) too. But I they were in my size in 36. So if you have the opportunity to try them, it would be great!

Attachments

• 7944C554-A92D-4A48-9A4A-71E6538AF52A.jpeg
    7944C554-A92D-4A48-9A4A-71E6538AF52A.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 134
I just put the Oasis on hold at the store to research more about it. I’m going back for them next week! But just for your information, I wear 36 in Chanel and Manolos but had to size up for the Oran sandals and Oasis sandals in Gold (tan). I had the 37 of the Oasis in Gold reserved. (I had just purchased Orans for my sister two weeks ago and I wanted something different)

I tried the Oran and Oasis in Blanc (white) too. But I they were in my size in 36. So if you have the opportunity to try them, it would be great!
Having said that, I went back to the store today and tried the 36 again. Can anyone tell me if the 36 (left photo) looks alright? Upon advice of my sister, I purchased this one instead of the 37 (right photo) But I guess I need some sort of affirmation that it doesn’t look small on me.

The 36.5 was out of stock unfortunately.
But I don’t want to force the 36 if it does not look nice and if it looks small. I guess I could return it and wait for when the store stocks up again.

Thank you in advance! E5926128-B7DE-4353-80FB-478787AA1EBA.jpeg

Having said that, I went back to the store today and tried the 36 again. Can anyone tell me if the 36 (left photo) looks alright? Upon advice of my sister, I purchased this one instead of the 37 (right photo) But I guess I need some sort of affirmation that it doesn’t look small on me.

But I don’t want to force the 36 if it does not look nice and if it looks small. I guess I could return it and wait for when the store stocks up again.

Thank you in advance! View attachment 4770405
Looks good! I think your sister is right.

Reactions: yenniemc

Thank you in advance! View attachment 4770405

I think the 36 looks a tad too small. I wish you can try 36.5 I think that may be the best. If this color is out of stock do they have any other colors in 36.5 just so you can try? Anyways as long as your feet feel comfortable I don’t think it’s too big of a deal!

Reactions: yenniemc