Advice on first bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies! I am taking a trip to Las Vegas this weekend and hope to buy my first chanel bag. I'm sure I will feel overwhelmed with all of my choices so I am hoping to focus my search before I get there. I think I'd like a bag that can be worn either cross body or on my shoulder. I don't carry much so I do not need a big bag. I did see a reissue 226 in person and that bag was comfortable. Although, I would not have minded a smaller bag (can a 225 be worn cross body?). I've also considered a WOC but I think I'd like to get something a bit more special for my first bag. My lifestyle is very casual. I mostly wear jeans and t-shirts or shorts and t-shirts in the summer.

Thanks for any advice you can offer! :biggrin:

2. Maybe try a mini? :}

3. try a classic medium? my favourite!!!

4. Thanks for the suggestion! I wondered if I might like a mini. If you double the strap to wear it on your shoulder is it a hassle each time you open the bag? Do you have to fiddle with the strap each time?

5. Thank you! I'll be sure to put that on my list to try.

6. Mini to medium,depending how much walking you're going to do and how much stuff you're willing to carry,I like the Mini look however medium is more practical 50/50 I can't make up my mind

7. I'm pretty tall 5'8. There aren't too many classics that fit me crossbody. I got the jumbo and it's great crossbody. I'm looking for a mini now. The m/l was not long enough crossbody or the small. Good luck deciding.

8. Thank you! I am 5'5" but have a long torso. I hope I can wear the medium size classics cross body but, if not, I'll probably be looking for a mini as well.

9. WOC, mini, or reissue large are all versatile for shoulder/crossbody, so it depends on how big you want the bag to be. Have fun shopping!

10. Thank you! I appreciate the advice! I will definitely look at both sizes. :biggrin:

11. Thanks for the advice!

12. I'm 5 ft and recently just got the medium classic. The bag sits high on my waist when worn with as a crossbody.

13. I'm 5'4" and have a slim build. The WOC hits me at the lowest, about mid-thigh. Mini is top of my thigh, around hip bone. The reissue 226 hits me at the bottom of my waist when worn crossbody. And the 225 (which I don't have) does have a longer chain. Good luck!

14. I'm 5 ft 4 and slim build and the classic m/l is no good cross body on me. Definitely the strap is too short. They are lovely bags though and versatile as you can wear double strap or with single strap for a more casual look.:smile:

15. Medium size can't do cross body, Rectangular mini would. I would suggest rectangular mini.