Advice on Fashion Schools

br00kelynx

O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
Hello!
I live in Southern California and I was looking about going to fashion school. I attend a community college here in my town, but I do not like the general education requirements so I was looking to going to a school like FIDM where I can skip all that

I just got a fashion internship and can get college credit for it so I'd like to know my best options.

Any advice would be appreciated since I'm a little lost!

Thanks in advance!!!

I am currently attending FIDM! I am interested in Interior Design. I am good with organization and management so I fee like being a project manager is a good job for me.

What majors are you considering in fashion?

Is there any specific information you would like to know about FIDM?

What major are you interested in? I know a lot of people who go/have graduated from FIDM and they didn't get much out of the experience. Part of the reason is because their courses don't cover enough because it's such a short program. The worst seems to come from their fashion design program.

FIDM and any other accredited school offering a degree will require general education. I've seen many transcripts from there and they all have GNST (General Studies) courses or something similar. It may not be as much as the CC, but you still need to do it.

Depending on which CC you're at, see if you can choose to just do the "Certificate" program and not the "AA". The AA/AS degree and/or transfer program is what requires the general education. Certificate programs are only the design coursework. It really just depends on where you are, and if they offer the stand-alone certificate program or if it's all inclusive in an AA.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.