Advice on everyday black bag :)

Oct 19, 2012
Hiya guys,
I was just after some advice on an everyday black bag, I need a bag that I don't need to baby and worry about rain, marks etc, and also one that i can fit plenty of stuff in like my 13 ich laptop. I was thinking of the daria hobo, oversized alexa (I have one in oak), a medium lilly, and possibly a bays. What do you guys think ? Thank you for any advice :smile:

Medium lily won't hold a netbook, neither would medium daria hobo.

The Bayswater can hold a netbook but could feel very heavy. Also Alexa may not cope with heavy stuff as it is slouchy compared to Bays although if it works with your Oak Alexa then should be fine for black.

I would go with Black Bays. It is fuss free!

Have you considered a Mitzy ??
I had an East-West & could get all my "stuff" in quite happily -or- the 2-in-1 Tote version would give you more room ?? ( bit biased, am quite a Mitzi fan !) xx

I love my bayswater, but carrying it every day got tiring when it is already such a heavy bag, so adding the extra laptop/ netbook ( what I used to put in every now and then ) did make I even heavier. Most of the time I had red rings around my arms where it had been so heavy, and that was without much in it. It depends if you do not mind carrying a heavy bag every day :smile: xxx

I wouldn't put a laptop in an Alexa, even the OS, they're not good with heavy loads!
I remember reading on here that someone (possibly MulberryEllie?) saw one literally fall apart right in front of her :wtf:

Thank you ladies for all of your replies,
I'm leaning towards the bays however I may save up for an ipad then the weight wouldn't be an issue :smile: Just googled the mitzy which is lovely. I also love the tillie range so that could be a possibility. I tried my laptop in my os alexa and immediately took it out as I didn't think the leather could cope ! I might take a trip to an outlet for my birthday and have a good look :smile: Thank you for all your awesome advice :biggrin:

My vote is for either Mitzy Messenger or Bayswater - I'm lucky enough to have both (in black, funnily enough) and they're the Mulberries I own that are tough enough for a laptop.

Of the two, Bays is more laptop-shaped so copes better - the laptop corners push the Mitzy's bottom out a bit - but I cope better with the Mitzy because of the cross-body strap.

I love my Mitzy Tote but don't often use it for heavy loads because the leather around the short handles pulls out of shape - you can see it a bit in this picture

IMG_2140.jpg

Thank you ladies for all of your replies,
I'm leaning towards the bays however I may save up for an ipad then the weight wouldn't be an issue :smile: Just googled the mitzy which is lovely. I also love the tillie range so that could be a possibility. I tried my laptop in my os alexa and immediately took it out as I didn't think the leather could cope ! I might take a trip to an outlet for my birthday and have a good look :smile: Thank you for all your awesome advice :biggrin:

Totally get an iPad! Best thing I've ever bought! I love it... Use it every minute of every day since I've bought it and is so much less bulky than an iPad, now thinking of selling on my net book!

I am going to sound like a broker record, but how about a Black Large Grain Trout? I am not sure if it'll fit a 13" Mac but the iPad fits nicely and it is hardy for everyday use, not as heavy as a Bayswater (within reason, depends on what's inside of each). :smile:. ... See the pics...

Also how about the black Rosie Baby Bag? Have you seen it? I mean just because its a baby bag does not mean it can't be used to haul other things beside baby stuff? And think of the organizational pockets already in it!! You can always take out the changing mat... :smile:

Good luck deciding.. Lets us know how it goes.

Attachments

• image-168721992.jpg
    image-168721992.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 698
  • image-3547381959.jpg
    image-3547381959.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 727
I really like this bag and it would work great for an everyday black bag. Can anybody tell me if they recognize the make/brand of this bag? It has a horizontal zipper on the other side of the bag.

I've looked all over the place and can't find the brand. Would be great help if you girls can recognize it.

THANKS!!! ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/67c34df5jw1ecsr0s6xidj20zk0no7aj.jpg

If you keep the laptop then Mitzy or Bays is your best bet. I have east west Mitzy in eggplant and love it! They are totally worry free.

I would recommend an iPad though, then your choice would be much wider, and kinder on your back, lugging a laptop around is not ideal!