Advice on ebay transaction PLEASE!

So if she has accepted Paypal in the past and still has an account offer to pay the 3% fees. I agree, I wouldn't pay using a postal money order because she could send you anything and you wouldn't have a recourse.

Please don't slam me for this opinion but I think you have to suck it up and play by the seller's terms of sale. It was your responsibility to read her terms of sale. You did not and now you want to back out of the sale. If I was the seller i would be really ticked and if you didn't pay I would leave a negative feedback. Just my humble opinion..
I agree.

Ok Please HELP...

She is insisting I send the postal money order by regular first class mail and it would take upto 7 days to arrive. Then she would send my bag.

I REALLY don't feel comfortable sending my moner order by regular mail without having some kind of tracking on it! WHAT TO DO????

She says she stopped using paypal becuase they charge sellers too much! I understand but I should have to pay $20 instead!!!

This is her last e-mail to me:
Hi Mona,
I have never had a problem with a delivery of a payment from Canada. They have always arrived, when sent by first class. Items are sent as soon as payment arrives. Payment from Canada usually arrives in anywhere from 5-7 days. I stopped using Paypal's services some time ago because of their fees to the sellers.
Tawny

Hi, I just wanted to add something. Money orders are SCARY! Whether it's $2 or $2,000 it's YOUR money and sending it by money order seems to be the equivalent of just tossing it out the window. You have absolutely no recourse, especially sending it without tracking. That's great that her money orders have "always arrived" for her, but that really doesn't help you out! Not to be mean but from past experience, I've found that these sellers that only accept MO and checks can be a bit shady... These methods are slow and a PIA so it kind of makes you wonder what their motives are. Good luck though, hopefully it turns out well either way for you!!

Hi Mona!
I would absolutely NO way send a seller an uninsured (guaranteed )and untrackable money order!! Through regular mail? Are you kidding? NO way!! Yes, you've admitted you made a mistake, but I'd gladly apologize and offer to pay her fees and even take a negative before I'd risk sending money through first class mail. Heck, why not send cold hard cash, what's the difference? Seriously.:nuts:

I hope that you are able work things out with the seller. It's a great idea to offer to pay her Paypal fees. Paypal is the best and simplest way to pay for an Ebay auction. Good luck!

I can definitely relate to your situation. While hubby and I were home in the US for vacation last year, I bought some bedlinen on eBay. I missed where the seller mentioned she would only accept Paypal from confirmed addresses (ours in unconfirmed because we have a Paypal account in the UK and you can't have two confirmed addresses under the same account). So, I had made a mistake, but fortunately because I was in the US, I could go to a bank and get a money order, but this would have been out of the question if I was here in the Middle East. I would ask the seller to cancel your transaction and offer to pay her eBay fees. At least then she won't be out of money, just out of a bit of time. Hopefully she'll appreciate we all make mistakes and meeting in the middle is the right way to go.

Ok gals....

I bid on a burberry backpack from ebay and after I bid and won I realized that this bidder does not take Paypal. Now I am in Canada and she is in the US. I asked if there was a faster way of completing the transaction so she said no and postal moner order was the way to go specially for international transactions. So I go to buy the money order today and its gonna cost me a total of $20 extra just to send her the money and it would take about 5-10 days to arrive and then I have to wait for her to cash and then send me my bag.

So what do I do? and how do I get out of it?

I know there's a way to set your preferences so that any auction you find in a search will only include auctions that accept PayPal. I also know it's a little late for this this auction, but perhaps in future auctions you want to bid on, you can set it this way.

I'm also reminded of pre-Internet, when buying something by snail-mail, it always said "Wait 6-8 weeks for delivery" and we were delighted by that fast of shipping. :shrugs:

Basically mona_danya has two options.
1) send a MO and take the risk
2) explain to the seller that you overlooked the point and could you cancel the transaction. If you both agree to cancel ebay will refund the fees anyway so seller will not lose out.
Worst scenario. NPB and a neg....

Mona, is there no way that you can send a MO so that only the persons name on the MO can cash it? I thought that was the way it had to work?
Also regarding the postage costs, why not ask her if she can pay half of it? That way the auction completes, and you dont lose out on too much $$$?
x

Thanks for everyones input.....I love this ebay forum, its soo informative and I always learn a lot whenever I need help.:flowers:

So I have been really apologetic to the lady and so far she has been very nice too. I offered to compensate her ebay fees and cancel or to pay with paypal and cover her paypal fees and I haven't heard back from her since yesterday.

I'll keep you all up-to-date with her reply!

So after I offered to pay with paypal and ay her fees, it took her a hole half a day and night to answer. She finally answered in agreement this morning and said shell send a new invoice and there is no word from her since then!

How long does it take for someone to send an invoice???? I know it doesn't take me that long specially when trying to sell something. I think she might wanna piss me off by taking to long to complete the process