Advice on Deauville tote And after yrs of use

claraclara

Bag-Aholic
O.G.
Oct 1, 2007
I’m thinking of getting the seasonal deauville tote since I like the glitter. I think the small size is a good price still at $2xxx. The big one I think is too heavy for me if I travel and I’m only 5 feet.
I’m interested in the straw like material kind. However I’m wondering how the bag will hold up and if corners/bottom the threading will start to flare. Can anyone give some advice? Do you find a lot of usage for this type of bag. I already have a gst but haven’t used it much

Thank you

Attachments

• 52618632-87AB-48D6-B621-6AC17491F0EF.jpeg
    52618632-87AB-48D6-B621-6AC17491F0EF.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,427
Hi Claraclara,

It’s interesting that you brought up this topic. Two weeks ago, I ordered through my Neiman Marcus SA the pink Deauville in medium (one with two top handles). Fyi, I had planned to use it as my travel bag. So, I was very excited when I got the bag. It is beautiful in person, the color is stunning. However, the material just happened to be so scratchy and irritating on my skin! Wherever the bag touched my skin, it itched! Also, I feel if I use this bag to travel, it won’t hold up pretty well and it would be hard to keep the bag in good condition, especially traveling through airport securities :sad: As much as I love the bag, it’s a hard decision that I had to return it.
So I hope my experience with the Cruise 2019 Deauville would be helpful for you to make up your mind ;)

Hi Claraclara,

It’s interesting that you brought up this topic. Two weeks ago, I ordered through my Neiman Marcus SA the pink Deauville in medium (one with two top handles). Fyi, I had planned to use it as my travel bag. So, I was very excited when I got the bag. It is beautiful in person, the color is stunning. However, the material just happened to be so scratchy and irritating on my skin! Wherever the bag touched my skin, it itched! Also, I feel if I use this bag to travel, it won’t hold up pretty well and it would be hard to keep the bag in good condition, especially traveling through airport securities :sad: As much as I love the bag, it’s a hard decision that I had to return it.
So I hope my experience with the Cruise 2019 Deauville would be helpful for you to make up your mind ;)
Thanks for your reply! Yes I too was thinking of the pink since it has all that glitter in it which what caught my eye. But I think a darker color would hide all blemishes better too. My friend tried on the bag and she had a thin blouse on and said it was scratchy on her too

Thanks for your reply! Yes I too was thinking of the pink since it has all that glitter in it which what caught my eye. But I think a darker color would hide all blemishes better too. My friend tried on the bag and she had a thin blouse on and said it was scratchy on her too

I got the pink a week or so ago and am wondering the same.. Haven't used it yet.. but wanna see what i can spray on it to keep it from color transfer..

Which one did you end up getting?

I have the blue in the size you’re nquiring about and I am also 5 ft tall. I think the size is perfect much lighter than Gst I got rid of that long time ago and it also fits much more. I think it will be fine as long as you don’t throw on floor and care for it like you would any other bag. Will it hold up
In years to come ? Not sure but I’m willing to use as much as needed right now and enjoy it

I was torn between the pink and the blue, but finally got the blue! Love it to bits

So I know I said earlier that I was glad I avoided getting this bag because they said it was scratchy. But I just got this exact bag! It was totally unexpected but these Deauvilles just fly out the window and I thought it was the perfect size for me. I thought it best to just grab it and return it if I change my mind.

Of course it being such a large unexpected purchase, I always doubt myself. Have u been using it a lot and how is it wearing? This fabric seems more “coated” and perhaps more durable.

So I know I said earlier that I was glad I avoided getting this bag because they said it was scratchy. But I just got this exact bag! It was totally unexpected but these Deauvilles just fly out the window and I thought it was the perfect size for me. I thought it best to just grab it and return it if I change my mind.

Of course it being such a large unexpected purchase, I always doubt myself. Have u been using it a lot and how is it wearing? This fabric seems more “coated” and perhaps more durable.

Yes, I have been using it alot especially on weekends, to match my casual wear. Not scratchy or anything close to that. It’s so perfect. No regrets

Yes, I have been using it alot especially on weekends, to match my casual wear. Not scratchy or anything close to that. It’s so perfect. No regrets

Thank you! I’m so glad to hear that. I keep playing with my bag. I can’t wait to use it. I am wondering if the fabric makes it too spring / summery looking that I should hold off until this winter is done.

Thank you! I’m so glad to hear that. I keep playing with my bag. I can’t wait to use it. I am wondering if the fabric makes it too spring / summery looking that I should hold off until this winter is done.
I had a large Deauville with the top handles from a few seasons ago. I was using it as my go between tote for when I needed my Mac air on the weekend but also wanted to grab a coffee with friends. After a few months the metal rings the toggles go through started ripping apart from the canvas. Just be careful it is not the most sturdy bag!

I had a large Deauville with the top handles from a few seasons ago. I was using it as my go between tote for when I needed my Mac air on the weekend but also wanted to grab a coffee with friends. After a few months the metal rings the toggles go through started ripping apart from the canvas. Just be careful it is not the most sturdy bag!

Ok, good to know! It looks like the current Deauvilles switched to a disk stopper instead of the toggle bar. I’m hoping that will help. I also just have the tote that doesn’t have the handles. Just the shoulder straps with leather at the top. I was considering putting my laptop inside, but on ur advice I won’t do that. Thank you for the insight. I’m sorry your bag was damaged. I hope they will fix it for you.