Advice on color...It's been a long time since I've been in the bbag forum

Wow, you have a great memory! I remember us trying to find a Chanel color close to ink. Seems like so long ago, and here we are back in Bal. I have to admit my Chanel bags are being neglected and I have sold several to fund my bbags. I just ventured back into the Chanel forum yesterday to check out the new red GST everyone is raving about and thought, "Eh, Bal has a better red coming up for fall; I'm going to wait!"

I just cannot make a jumbo flap work for an everyday bag but a city, although small in proportion to my Chanel totes, can hold quite a bit more than a jumbo. If you like the giant hardware (took me some time to get used to it; now it's all I want!) the giant city is slightly larger than the regular city in size.

Wow, you have a great memory! I remember us trying to find a Chanel color close to ink. Seems like so long ago, and here we are back in Bal. I have to admit my Chanel bags are being neglected and I have sold several to fund my bbags. I just ventured back into the Chanel forum yesterday to check out the new red GST everyone is raving about and thought, "Eh, Bal has a better red coming up for fall; I'm going to wait!"

I just cannot make a jumbo flap work for an everyday bag but a city, although small in proportion to my Chanel totes, can hold quite a bit more than a jumbo. If you like the giant hardware (took me some time to get used to it; now it's all I want!) the giant city is slightly larger than the regular city in size.

I always loved your posts so they stick in my head!
I "grew up" with the regular hw and remember when giant first came out. We all couldn't quite wrap our heads around the giant hw but it looks like it was a big hit and here to stay! I hadn't even considered it but now I should consider it more closely...
I saw a gorgy officier with giant brass hw....hmmmmm.....

The Officier is gorgeous and I also do love the dark gray on bal.com...I'm guessing what they have as dark gray is the anthra? but not sure...

Bal called 08 anthra charcoal grey. What's going to be confusing is if they send an 08 charcoal or an 09 anthra if you order online. The website may not have changed to reflect the 09 anthra color but that may be what's in stock to fulfill orders. It would be best to call or email the site and clarify if you will be receiving a fall 08 or spring 09 bag.

When I first saw giant hardware on celebs I thought it was the most disgusting thing to put on a bag and here I am carrying them around town, lol.

I will check my tag when I get home - I got the charcoal PT w/GSH last month from bal.com....the leather is perfect on this bag too...(pics taken with and without flash)

Attachments

• Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 34
^^I just did a search on hw preference and last poll I can find was started in 07 and last post was in 08...I may do another poll to see if things have changed...I'm curious but also don't want to be annoying as the topic may have just been covered and I missed it.

Hi RC! Isn't it nice to revisit the forum and find all the ol' familiar faces?
Both anthra and officier are interesting colors, I don't know which I'd chose. Is it going to be a year round bag? Anthra feels more wintery for some reason even though both colors are dark. If you want a replacement for your ink, officier might be the better option.

As far as hw options, most of the old gang who started loving bbags in the older years still have only or mostly RH bags in their collection. If you're feeling adventurous you could venture to the GH, but imo they are overwhelming on the City. Maybe on a larger bag they're better. I still am 100% pro regular hw. And since you already have Chanel and Hermes bags for a more polished look, maybe it's best to stick with the regular brass hw for the classic rock Balenciaga look. Hth!

Hi RC! Isn't it nice to revisit the forum and find all the ol' familiar faces?
Both anthra and officier are interesting colors, I don't know which I'd chose. Is it going to be a year round bag? Anthra feels more wintery for some reason even though both colors are dark. If you want a replacement for your ink, officier might be the better option.

As far as hw options, most of the old gang who started loving bbags in the older years still have only or mostly RH bags in their collection. If you're feeling adventurous you could venture to the GH, but imo they are overwhelming on the City. Maybe on a larger bag they're better. I still am 100% pro regular hw. And since you already have Chanel and Hermes bags for a more polished look, maybe it's best to stick with the regular brass hw for the classic rock Balenciaga look. Hth!

Danae, thank you so much for your wonderful advice. I wear most of my bags year round and wore my ink in the summer. What possessed me to let it go? I sort of have my heart set on ink but don't know how hard that will be to find preowned...I am going to go to NM today to see what colors they have and try to get a better feel. I hope they have something in officier and anthra.
I do think I'm going to stick with the old brass hw too but I want an envelope clutch in black with the big gold hw. That looks amazing! Hope they are not that hard to find. I feel like such a bal novice again!:lol:

Beautiful city Loganz! I would be interested in knowing what the tag says in case I want to order the day from the Bal website.

Thanks Roey and RC for the bag compliments - I am a GH PT convert now -

The tag that came with my bag from bal.com says 2009.

Good luck shopping today RC! I hope you find what you are looking for!

Thanks L.
Well back from NM and unfortunately the only dark bag they had was black. All the other bags were light spring colors....
I also asked about the black envelope clutch with ggh but they only had the silver hw. No luck today...

How does marine compare to officier? I saw a great marine bag on ebay with a best offer option.