Advice on Chanel Classic Flap M/L Lambskin

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys! My SA at Chanel Boutique sent me the pictures of the chanel classic flap M/L, Lambskin, Black with Gold Hardware. I'm just wondering, is this suppose to be how it looks like new? She said it just arrived today at the store... I'm worried on the stitching at the sides.

Attached Files:

2. Hoping someone could help me...

3. Appears perfect to me, and I just purchased a brand-new jumbo black lambskin classic flap in SHW a few weeks back. To be honest, I do not scrutinize every nook and cranny. They are technically a hand-made bag so each will have its own unique detail. Granted if you have glaring off-centered seams and stitches loose all-over, you've got a problem. However, if the stitching is relatively consistent, the quilts are very puffy, and the lambskin very shiny, you've got a winner!! Respectfully, if you analyze every detail of a classic flap with a fine-tooth comb, you are only going to cause yourself unnecessary suffering. In my humble opinion "she" looks gorgeous! A lambskin classic flap requires a bit more mindfulness of your surroundings than a caviar would. Personally, I do not recommend one as an "everyday" bag. However, the pleasure one experiences grazing their hand against the shiny, puffy quilts, for me, is incomparable.✨✨✨

4. I would ask to see another bag and compare the two. I don't like the stitching on one side of the bag. It looks like the threads are showing through or seam over pulled.

5. agreed!! each bag is handmade, each piece of lambskin is unique (lambs cannot be PERFECT, FLAWLESS no matter how much we wish they could be lol). your bag looks gorgeous to me, quilts are shiny, puffy, and luxurious. when i went into the boutique to pick out my jumbo 3 years ago..... i had a lambskin jumbo and caviar jumbo presented to me, side by side and i immediately went for the lambskin without any doubts, and i did not even inspect the bag, much less scrutinize every last detail. i was just over the moon about it and waited patiently when the SA wrapped it up for me. i think the bag you posted looks great!!

Plumeria233 likes this.
  6. Is this deep black? I dont know what it is. So you think the side stitching is just fine? Not overpulled?

7. The only problem is they only have one at the moment so either I would pass on this or buy this.

8. Can you show me guys some pictures of the sides of your bag?

9. This looks perfect! What are you seeing that is making you question the stitching?

Plumeria233 likes this.
  10. This one...

Attached Files:

11. Love the puffiness of the bag. Mine isnt as puffy as that. I dont see any problem with stitching. But if its me, i would be concern of how it looks so puffy on the back of the bag that it looks like its pulled too much. I have lambskin m/l too, theres a big grain that looks like a scratch beside the cc lock. SA said its just how the leather came out. My boy lambskin also has the same wrinkling/pulling look. Both were the only one available that time i bought it. Im was so impatient and told myself no leather is going to be perfect. Till now i love them both. So its going to be up to you if you will love this bag with all its imperfections. To each their own as most bag lovers say.

12. Looks normal to me. I would advise you not to buy it though...you will always look at it and see something wrong and you won't be happy. If you wouldn't choose it with others being available don't choose it because it's the only one. I would personally buy it but that's me...it's a lot of money to be questioning your purchase.

Plumeria233 likes this.
  13. But if it's you, you'd buy it? I haven't seen other bags. I only saw this and the jumbo and they have the same stitching so Im just wondering if this is just normal to all classic flap bags.

14. Yes, I definitely would. Here's a couple of pics of my caviar jumbo ImageUploadedByPurseForum1469034202.619182.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1469034228.548115.jpg

15. I think compared to the one I showed, the sides of your jumbo are way better? Is that because its in caviar that I wouldn't expect much from a lambskin bag?