Advice on Celine Medium Box Bag Color - Red VS Camel

pikanmu

Jan 17, 2016
Hello Celine Lovers!

I have been dying over the Classic Box Bag for some time and am ready to pull the trigger - I am having a difficult time deciding between two colors - classic "lipstick" red or camel. Both in medium size with gold tone hardware.

Please provide input or help me to decide for those who may own a box bag! Bag will be used on weekends, dinners, various things, and I think it is a great classic edition. I dress pretty conservatively and dress up for work daily in dresses, heels, etc. I use a tote bag on a daily basis in order to carry my laptop - so I won't carry the bag daily to work.

My current collection consists of: Louis Vuitton Capucines BB in color Galet (light taupe / gray) with python handle and GHW. Lady Dior in size Medium with SHW in a deep blue / teal color and embellished long strap. Black Saint Laurent Small size Sac De Jour in smooth calfskin with GHW. YSL Cassandre Tassel Bag in black with GHW, Chanel M/L Classic Flap bag in black lambskin with GHW. Various clutch type bags in black, and a cult gaias ark bag in small for summer events & vacations. AND my newest bag that I just got as a souvenir in Hawaii is a Celine wallet on chain that is navy / cream and burgundy stingray.

I can upload and attach pictures if that will help but I think most of you have probably seen each of these colors. Thank you in advance! xx

Reactions: obcessd
I'm having trouble getting my pictures to upload - but this article via ******** has pictures of both the camel and red colors.

http://www.********.com/simple-and-charming-the-celine-box-bag/

have you tried on both colors on you? i was deciding between black, camel, and navy myself and thought i'd get the camel until i tried on all the colors and decided navy looked best on me. so, what looks good in pictures online might be different from how it looks on you. If you have a Celine store near you, I suggest you to go visit the boutique with your typical weekend outfit and see which box looks better on you! i love my navy box very much because it goes well with all the outfits i'd typically wear.

However, my biased opinion is go for the lipstick red because 1) i too am lusting over that color haha, 2) your current collection seems to be a mixture of fun colors and neutral tones, and red is a wonderful color to add!, and 3) i think the gold hardware pairs really well with the red, more so than the camel.

Hope this helps and please let us know once you decide!

I do not have a Celine boutique near me - but I just returned from Hawaii (Oahu) - I was so set on the red box bag that I only asked to see that color - and the SA also showed me a deeper burgundy red as well. The SA thought the lipstick red looked best on me because I am light skinned, wear a lot of gold jewelry, and blonde. I went back to the boutique right before we left and was short on time and felt too rushed to purchase a box bag at the time, but my lovely significant other really loved the stingray wallet on chain and bought that for me as it's such a unique piece and the US only has 12 of the bags - so he did not want me to miss out on it - and I have time on the box. I'll upload pictures of it later this week! It wasn't until I got back home on Monday that I started thinking about the camel again, which I've seen before in the Celine Dallas TX store, but I do not have any pics of me trying it on. I remember thinking it was gorgeous in person just didn't photograph well....once I'm set on a bag my hardest decision is always always leather type and color! Thank you so much for your insight @yunbean! I hope you are enjoying your navy box!

I personally love the camel, but the red is also very beautiful. I have the same problem of knowing I want a bag but hesitating on the color! If you can't tell which looked better on you then maybe think about what you tend to wear and what accessories you feel most comfortable in. I know I would be more likely to want to wear the camel than red

Reactions: pikanmu
The red is so special and classic. Purchased the burgundy only b/c it suited my style better, but based on color alone, the red would have been my first choice. Don't think you'll regret it!

I had the same dilemma like you a week ago. I ordered a pre-owned camel and a brand new red from the same website. I compared them with different kinds of outfit , office , causal jeans... I find red works out best for me in most occasions .. so in the end I returned the camel piece!