Food Advice on buying stainless steel pots and pans?

Docjeun

Sep 15, 2012
Is it a good idea and which in your experience are the best to purchase without breaking the bank?
I'm looking for something that I can also put in the oven so that's why stainless.

dorcast

O.G.
Jan 1, 2006
I love All Clad Stainless. I just googled while I was answering you and it looks like Sur La Table has pieces on sale right now

Reactions: Docjeun

Minty Tea

Jun 14, 2015
If you don't want to break the bank, then Cuisinart is decent. I was given a set as a wedding gift and they are still going strong. However if you are budding cooking aficionado then select pans with multi-layer construction of stainless steel, copper and aluminum layers for ideal even heating and warp-free strength. Don't buy sets, buy what you need. I seldom use my stainless steel skillet as I prefer my cast iron one. Some recipes are best cooked in cast iron dutch oven or skillet.

Reactions: Docjeun

Docjeun

Sep 15, 2012
If you don't want to break the bank, then Cuisinart is decent. I was given a set as a wedding gift and they are still going strong. However if you are budding cooking aficionado then select pans with multi-layer construction of stainless steel, copper and aluminum layers for ideal even heating and warp-free strength. Don't buy sets, buy what you need. I seldom use my stainless steel skillet as I prefer my cast iron one. Some recipes are best cooked in cast iron dutch oven or skillet.
Very good advice thank you, I will look into it.