Advice on BOTKIER STIRRUP???

Yay or nay?

• Yes - it's awesome

• No - it's too trendy or not worth it

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd hang tight-when Lucky Shops does their thing in November, Botkier is one of the companies that does their bags. I picked up a Botkier that was over $600 for $260. I trusted them and knew that it would be the real thing! Plus I didn't get charged tax or shipping.:smile:

I have the Stirrup in black. It's a nice bag, but I don't carry it much anymore. (sort of more slouchy than I'm liking these days) I'd say it's more of a smallish medium size bag. It's well made and I do like the leather on it.

I ordered this bag in this color from a seller on ebay about 1 1/2 years ago. I really think the price is right on because it's a bag from a number of seasons ago. It might have been when she was just starting out designing bags. As I said, I got mine a while back just before Botkier broke out into all the dept. stores and became so well known and I think that's the reason I got it for $150.00. The pic you show looks just like the bag I got. I later gave it to my daughter so it's not available for me to look at. Good luck.

I have this bag in the metallic blue color. I snapped it up a couple of weeks ago online - got it for $238. I think everybody else is right; I don't think they make this bag anymore and the low prices are just stores looking to get rid of their inventory. I like this bag. It's not too big, but I don't think anyone could call it too small, either. It's a nice size and it fits well (doesn't fall off the shoulder or anything). It looks nice. I say go for it if you like the color. You'd be getting a really nice leather bag for about $400 off what it's worth.

I also wanted to say that I do think diabro is a good site. I think the Balenciaga forum has said that's a place to get authentic Bbags, so they'd have authentic Botkiers, too. I think!

I used to own this bag in bronze metallic. The leather is nice and durable. Botkier (like most brands) does not dye the metallic colors all the through. They are laquers. Thus they aren't as soft at the non-metallic leathers. Also this bag is lined in fabric. Some of the Botkier styles are lined in suede.

The bag is nice for $200-300. I don't think it's worth $600 it originally retailed for. I think the Bianca with the softer leather and suede lining is a better deal.

My biggest issue with it is that it doesn't have a lot of pockets like the other Botkier bags (and most hobos). I found it difficult to find stuff quickly.

My DH loved the bag though and wanted me to keep it. It was really nice looking.