Advice on BBAG for a first timer

I have a question. I'm planning on getting a BALENCIAGA and I was wondering what would be a good "FIRST" bag. I really wanted a kelly green colored handbag but not sure but I love the purple as well. It's between the DAY (which would be more practical since i have an infant and two other boys under 4) or the WORK. What do you guys think? What's a good "first" B BAG? The Pommier color looks a little dull. What do you all think? BAG TYPE and COLOR for 2009 for a first timer?

I just want a classic bag that I will be able to use daily and something chic. I wear black all the time so I wanted a POP of color. I was moving towards green or purple. Should I go neutrals??

You should get the color you love! I have not seen either of these colors IRL as yet. However, the Work does not have a shoulder strap so it might be cumbersome with little ones (as you said, less practical). The Day bag is very chic, drapes the body beautifully, and is only as heavy as what you put in it. A nice neutral is 09 Anthracite. There are pics of this color in the "Anthra Club" if you want to see.

I love the Day style better. Although I don't own one myself but I always admire this style on others. It's light, it looks good hanging on the shoulder and I love how the leather simply drapes around on your side.
Since it's a shoulder bag, i think it'll be more practical for you as well, so you can use both of your hands when you're with your kids.
I'm not that keen on Work. I think the short handles which require it to be hand carried all the time will drive me bonkers, plus I'm terrified of filthy looking handles.

Day definitely would be more practical for you. When you have little ones, a shoulder bag is the ONLY way to go. You have to be hands-free! I would do a pop of color since you wear black most of the time. Don't buy a neutral. I wear a lot of white, tans and browns so I bought an aquamarine bag for a pop of color. I'm so glad I did. Are you only wanting a new bag 09 or are you willing to buy an older one? There are some beautiful colors from the past years if you're not keen on the current purple or green available. :smile:

The Day is way more practical if you want to have your hands free !
You should really see the colour IRL , so you know if you like one colour more than another.

Get the color you love! My first was an amethyst work, but if I had young kids I'd probably go w/ something a little bit darker and definitely handsfree. Another vote for the raisin Day!

Last edited:
Day bag is great! It holds a ton of stuff and it stays on your shoulder. Here is a pic of mine with some stuff in it, it still had PLENTY of room! I also have to say that Raisin is a beautiful color with GGH or GSH. Good Luck!

attachment.php

ghostly, I don't have kids either and it is very user friendly! I use it when I go shopping and just put my bags inside of it.

Just FYI, mine is an Officer Day.

I was planning on getting the DAY for the first time but i feel like I should get one of the motorcycle bags first. I want it all in SILVER HW. Which one do you think I can take out daily for and to go out with the husband for a nice dinner?

It's between PT and WORK. i like big bags. I think PT is bigger than the CITY. Either RAISIN 09 or BLACK 09 or Antra 09?? What do you guys think? Which one is the best bag for 09? Something big enough. I saw the CITY today at NEIMAN Marcus and it's a little smaller than I wanted.

The PT probably looks bigger than the City. It is wider than the City, but not as deep. I'm not sure that it holds any more. It has the advantage of the shoulder strap which would be essential if you ever use it when you are with little ones.

The Work is a wonderfully large and roomy bag, but no shoulder strap. I love mine but use it rarely, because of this limitation.

It's hard to make a choice.
PT is bigger than the city, but IMO twiggy looks better than PT and city when you carry lot of stuff.
But if you really want to get a GH b bag, I think you may choose giant work or still the giant PT.
And which is the best bag of 09? It depends on yourself. You can see black each season, so you may choose the special color.