Advice on a Price for Castagna Velo (Buying, not selling)

samfalstaff

For crying out loud...
O.G.
May 31, 2013
I've been eyeing a preloved Velo in Castagna now for awhile. It's in very good condition with some corner wear (to be expected for 2010). I love the bag, but am hesitant to buy as I'm not sure what Velos go for these days. I've seen them sell on posh and ebay for much MUCH less than $1000. What do you all think about $1000 for a Velo? (Maybe I'm hoping for some enabling here too!!) Thanks for any info.

I've been eyeing a preloved Velo in Castagna now for awhile. It's in very good condition with some corner wear (to be expected for 2010). I love the bag, but am hesitant to buy as I'm not sure what Velos go for these days. I've seen them sell on posh and ebay for much MUCH less than $1000. What do you all think about $1000 for a Velo? (Maybe I'm hoping for some enabling here too!!) Thanks for any info.
Very expensive IMHO and I love the bag, I have one. But $1000 for a 2010 bag? Even the collectible oldies go for less than that, by quite a bit these days.

I know we shouldn’t compare apples to oranges, but I did just buy a 2010 city bag in vert d’eau with the 21 giant gold hardware and paid $595 at Yoogi’s. Gentle used condition and once I got the bag I saw upon inspection that the only signs of wear were very minimal to the corners; if anything, Yoogi’s seemed to overreport the use but I’d much rather have that than open the box and see unexpected wear! Anyways Idk if my new bag is necessarily a rare bag but in my experience I haven’t come across that color and hardware together before. But in short, I paid $595 for a 2010 gently used bag with a (perhaps unique?) color and hardware combo. Best of luck.

I know we shouldn’t compare apples to oranges, but I did just buy a 2010 city bag in vert d’eau with the 21 giant gold hardware and paid $595 at Yoogi’s. Gentle used condition and once I got the bag I saw upon inspection that the only signs of wear were very minimal to the corners; if anything, Yoogi’s seemed to overreport the use but I’d much rather have that than open the box and see unexpected wear! Anyways Idk if my new bag is necessarily a rare bag but in my experience I haven’t come across that color and hardware together before. But in short, I paid $595 for a 2010 gently used bag with a (perhaps unique?) color and hardware combo. Best of luck.
A bag’s ultimately worth what someone’s willing to pay for it and I understand falling in love with a particular bag. I’ve overpaid for stuff when I just had to have something. But they do come up now and again.
Thank you both for the information and advice. I've had a dismal week (and it's not even over yet) so I decided to treat myself. I bought the bag. Seller came down a bit in price too. I'll post in the authenticate thread just in case. I usually don't do this, but RL is awful right now.

Reactions: muchstuff
Thank you both for the information and advice. I've had a dismal week (and it's not even over yet) so I decided to treat myself. I bought the bag. Seller came down a bit in price too. I'll post in the authenticate thread just in case. I usually don't do this, but RL is awful right now.
I know the feeling, looking forward to your reveal :hugs: .

Reactions: pale_septembre