Advice needed

Butterlite

Art Is Everywhere
O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
Hi All!
So my I'm sure I'm not alone in my LV obsession. A couple of year back, I bought the Metis hobo. I have carried it exactly 2x since I bought it. I love looking at it, but it tends to be a little heavy for me. Lately, I have been eyeing the pochette Metis and wonder if I should sell the hobo and jump in on the pochette crazy, too. What do you think? I'm torn! Should I carry the hobo again and love it? Or should I just let go, and move on?

Wow I'm surprised you found the hobo heavy! That was my all time favorite bag! I didn't find it heavy at all, but I also don't carry a lot. Maybe give it another shot and if it's not love, sell it.

Reactions: lizaariani59
I'd tell you to try again and see if you love the Hobo. If you don't, sell it, even if you don't buy the Pochette Métis, because there's no point in keeping this bag in your closet if you're not going to wear it.

I'd tell you to try again and see if you love the Hobo. If you don't, sell it, even if you don't buy the Pochette Métis, because there's no point in keeping this bag in your closet if you're not going to wear it.

You are so right! What's the point of it just sitting in my closet doing nothing??

Wow I'm surprised you found the hobo heavy! That was my all time favorite bag! I didn't find it heavy at all, but I also don't carry a lot. Maybe give it another shot and if it's not love, sell it.

I'll try it again! I think what happens is that whenever I carry a purse to work, it ends up becoming my handbag/worktote. I have a speedy b 40 that I pretty much carry all the time. I literally stuff everything in there...all of my regular essentials, my lap top or tablet (occasionally), any files I need to take home, my morning coffee, a water, snacks, my sweater or jacket, and anything else I need to lug back and forth. If I go shopping and just pick up a few things, I will stuff that in there, too. And then it just ends up and my gianormous purse with everything and anything else in it.

Maybe I need to break it down to one giant tote for work, then my everyday purse that can be put inside the tote along with all the other junk! Or get a rolling car to carry around my bag? Hahah

I'll try it again! I think what happens is that whenever I carry a purse to work, it ends up becoming my handbag/worktote. I have a speedy b 40 that I pretty much carry all the time. I literally stuff everything in there...all of my regular essentials, my lap top or tablet (occasionally), any files I need to take home, my morning coffee, a water, snacks, my sweater or jacket, and anything else I need to lug back and forth. If I go shopping and just pick up a few things, I will stuff that in there, too. And then it just ends up and my gianormous purse with everything and anything else in it.

Maybe I need to break it down to one giant tote for work, then my everyday purse that can be put inside the tote along with all the other junk! Or get a rolling car to carry around my bag? Hahah

Give her another chance for sure. I thought I'd have that bag forever and wear it til I wore it out but had to recently trade it in due to tiny cracking on the top rim. My suggestion is that if you do start using it is to wipe it off once a week if you wear it with the short strap.

Give her another chance for sure. I thought I'd have that bag forever and wear it til I wore it out but had to recently trade it in due to tiny cracking on the top rim. My suggestion is that if you do start using it is to wipe it off once a week if you wear it with the short strap.

Good advice! I will wear her next week and keep an eye out for the cracking. I hope they were able to replace yours or give you credit towards a new bag?

This week I am breaking in my mon mono 40 I bought for myself years ago, which again, I have never used; can you sense a trend? I was displeased with the color as it was not a match for the sample I was shown. When it arrived the SA basically told me I had to just take it and that it would look like the sample within a few years. I'm a push over and too nice!! I took it, pouted about it when I got home, and the. stuck it in my closet, so I didn't have to look at it and be all mad it. Ha ha

My first love was the Metis hobo! I'll give her another go!!

Good advice! I will wear her next week and keep an eye out for the cracking. I hope they were able to replace yours or give you credit towards a new bag?

This week I am breaking in my mon mono 40 I bought for myself years ago, which again, I have never used; can you sense a trend? I was displeased with the color as it was not a match for the sample I was shown. When it arrived the SA basically told me I had to just take it and that it would look like the sample within a few years. I'm a push over and too nice!! I took it, pouted about it when I got home, and the. stuck it in my closet, so I didn't have to look at it and be all mad it. Ha ha

My first love was the Metis hobo! I'll give her another go!!

Aww I'm sorry you weren't happy with your Mon Mono but I'm glad you've pulled it out and are using it! I hope you can grow to love it!

I was able to trade in my Metis but it was SUCH a difficult decision because I had to decide right then and I wasn't prepared for that!! I couldn't get another Metis because they'd just discontinued it so I threw in another $1,100 (ouch) and went with the Bagatelle. I really do like it though I have thought of getting another Metis hobo on the preloved market!

I totally understand. I have some artwork LVs. I would put the hobo on my shoulder empty. If within the first minute you find it too heavy (empty) then you know this is not the bag for you. Then I would put my items back in piece by piece. Think about every item. Do you really need to carry it with you? Let's say, you have an emergency bottle of Advil? Do you need to carry around a whole bottle or just a few pills in a baggie. Do you need to carry all your change or could you start dumping it in a change jar? If you lighten your load down and the bag is still too heavy, then you know it's the wrong bag for you.