Advice Needed!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello All! I have been buying LV for the last 2 years an have acquired a small collection that I love!

A few pieces are not as functional for me that I thought they would be. I am on the fence about selling them because I have been known to think something doesn't work so well for me and in a year or so I will end up loving it. Such as my cles and mini pochette. At first they didn't work for me to the point I was irritated, then fast forward a year and now I love them both!!!

My items in question are my mono zcp and de zcw.

The zippy coin purse is so stiff I don't like to use it. I have an ikat zcp that the zipper pull sometimes catches in the area its attached to (if you have one that does this and know how to fix it please let mw know) but even with that flaw I just love it and it's not stiff at all.

My zippy compact wallet irritates me with the cash pocket being where it is. I have tried all the suggestions for money placement and it still irritates me. BUT this was my first piece and it was from my DH so I am very undecided on this!

What to do? What to do? How long do you ladies wait before you sell an item? Do you have some type of a "rule" that you go by? I just don't want sellers remorse as I have been through that before and it was awful!!! Any advice appreciated!

2. If you don't totally enjoy them, sell them. Put the money towards something that everytime you look at it you love it. Good luck dear.

3. If you don't like something and aren't using it, you should sell it so you can buy something you will love and be able to use!

If you regret the choice to sell later, you can always repurchase.

4. But I can understand your dilemma since your DH gave one to you - sentimental reasons and all. Normally I would say sell sell sell but that makes it tough!

5. I'm a sentimental person, so I would keep the one your DH got you and sell the other.

6. Thank you! I know I should love it!

Thank you! I could always buy it again.

Thank you! It is sooooo tough!

Thank you. I am leaning this way I think!

7. The mono zippy coin purse should not be so stiff. Maybe take it in and see if there is a problem with it. It could become quite handy for you if it weren't stiff.

8. Thank you. I didn't think it should be so stiff either. I can't hardly get it open very far without a struggle and that's very inconvienant. I just figured it was not like my ikat zcp because it was canvas. I should take it in next time I go to LV.

9. I bought a DE ZCP and found it to be stiff as well... way too much work for me! I returned it the next day! The vernis seems easier and probably the empreinte as well but I haven't personally tried it.

10. maybe use them for another year or so, and if you still don't love them you could sell them.

11. Thank you. I was beginning to think it was just me. The vernis is a lot easier to use.

12. Thank you that is a good idea. Then hopefully I could be more sure.

13. Thank you for everyone's response :smile: I was hoping if anyone had a sort of "set rule" (for lack of a better word) they went by they would chime in and it might help me with my indecisiveness.

14. I don't think there is a set "time frame" but for me, if something is sitting in the closet and I haven't noticed it for a while or can forget that it's sometimes there, it's money wasted.
    I know you feel you may have seller's remorse later on in life, but what if that doesn't happen and you still have your item? I think our needs always always change. Personally for me, I have a mono zcw and I love it and deal with the way my money is in there. Not a biggie to me but I have sold several bags and kinda missed them but realized they weren't for me. Maybe leave it in your closet for a week or 2 and see if you forget about having it. Go from there. Good luck!

15. This describes me exactly! Thank you for your insight :smile: