Advice needed...

LVsister

O.G.
Jan 31, 2007
....Dear fellow TPFers

I have been eyeing for a woc in caviar for the Holidays....In store they had a black caviar and a beige caviar......I love the beige color, also since I already have the jumbo and mini flap in black ...But since I wear jeans a lot, I am afraid for possible color transfer....So I am wondering what the experience is from owners of bags in the beautiful beige....Is it easy to maintain 'clean' or do one really have to baby it? Does bad experiences happen often with this color?

Do you (TPFers in general) think the beige would be a good choice, as I do love the color and probably will never have the nerve to buy any bigger bags in this color....Or should I stick with the more 'safer' color black?

Am really in doubt....All advices/comments are more than welcome! TIA!

I'd go for beige for a bit variation in your collection :smile:.

Yes, you have to be a bit careful with jeans but some PFers who had troubles with color transfer used alcohol free baby wipes and it worked fine. If you do a search, I'm sure you can find some threads about it, good luck with your decision ;).

OK very confused right now.....Went to the store to see the woc today, the black was already sold! But then I saw another bag, just newly arrived....A red small Just mademoiselle!!! I v been looking for a red bag for ages, I didnt get the chance to see the interior as it was almost closing time....But now I cant get this red out of my mind.... They are totally different bags (also different price range!)....I can only afford one bag.....So ladies, pls provide me your much appreciated advice again... Should I stick with the beige woc (more affordable, still budget left to get some other stuff of my wishlist; would probably never get any bigger bag in beige due to possible color transfer; can wear it crossbody!)...or go for the red Mademoiselle (can squeeze a little bit stuff more in the bag ;) , red! (also my bank account if I buy this LOL)...red! LOL But only able to carry over the shoulder)...Both bags have features which I really like, that s why it s so hard to decide......Just blame myself for not winning the lottery LOL So ladies, I need your help again......All comments are welcome!! TIA again :biggrin:

Here's the rub (no pun intended) both Beige and Red seem to lean towards color transfer BUT with the Meltonian conditioner and cleaner your bag should be fine. I wore my red caviar, Jumbo Chanel with a inky black, Balenciaga leather jacket. I was warned, by another tPF member, to be cautious about my red bags picking up dye. Quite frankly I didn't believe her until I saw black smudges all over the back of my precious Chanel. Meltonian cleaner picked up the black dye without hurting the red color (whew).

I'm gonna say go with the RED Chanel because there's just something about a red bag...

Last edited:
I just saw a beige WOC in cavier in London last week. Comes with SHW, the SA told me its seasonal.

But does anyone know if it comes in GHW? The SA said no but I just wanted to be sure as you all know, TPFers are much more informed than the SAs!

Well after contemplating hard over colors (beige/red/taupe/brown/black)and the type of bag (WOC/CAM/JM) for almost three wks (!)...I finally succeeded today and stick with the first choice, namely the woc in taupe (apparently not beige :shame:smile: caviar with SHW:yahoo:!! The last few weeks I was really Chanel possessed, how hard it is even after one have saved the money to find the bag one wants? Have been visiting the store about six seven times (the SAs must have thought 'her again?!', when they saw me every time LOL) to see the new arrivals (since the store receives twice/three times a week new stock)....I saw the cruise collection, the lovely CAM and JM and have been all excited over both lines....But in the end I prefered a crossbody bag that suited me (as I am quite short, so the CAM was practically hanging above my knee :shame: and also I just couldnt make the shape work and the JM can only be carried over the shoulder and me having trouble with a bag that could not be closed)...So when I saw they had the woc in stock again today (the wocs I saw three weeks back were already sold), I just took the plunge and went for it :P So happy now, it was meant to be: just in time for new year's eve :happydance:! Thanks again for all your comments, really much appreciated :biggrin: