Advice Needed! Whats a better travel (with baby) bag - Halzan 31 or Lindy 30?

Jaaanice

O.G.
Mar 12, 2007
hi tpfers,

Will be travelling with a 4 month old from Hong Kong to LA for 2 weeks for my cousin's wedding end of the month. Will definitely be carrying an extra baby bag but want to know which bag to bring.

There will be lots of walking (shopping) and my son loves looking around, so will most likely be in baby carrier as well. Used the baby carrier while i was using my Halzan the other day and my mom ended up with 2 purses the entire day cause i had trouble carrying both. :rolleyes:

Any tips or sharing your experience will be appreciated!

TIA!

hi tpfers,

Will be travelling with a 4 month old from Hong Kong to LA for 2 weeks for my cousin's wedding end of the month. Will definitely be carrying an extra baby bag but want to know which bag to bring.

There will be lots of walking (shopping) and my son loves looking around, so will most likely be in baby carrier as well. Used the baby carrier while i was using my Halzan the other day and my mom ended up with 2 purses the entire day cause i had trouble carrying both. :rolleyes:

TIA!

I vote for Halzan too, though capacity wise it wont fit as much as a Lindy

However a Halzan 31 can be carried cross body which is a huge advantage over a L30

hi tpfers,

TIA!

I just traveled from LA to Taipei with a 6 month old. It’s really hard to carry anything bulky while wearing a baby carrier and you can’t do anything crossbody. I ended up leaving all the Hermes at home. I used a goyard St. Louis as a diaper bag and a Gucci fanny pack for wallet and cell phone that I either wore around my waist on top of the carrier or threw into the goyard. I needed to be truly hands free as it was raining a lot (umbrella) and I also have another child to wrangle.

I vote for Halzan too, though capacity wise it wont fit as much as a Lindy

However a Halzan 31 can be carried cross body which is a huge advantage over a L30
Halzan
So many ways of carrying
Great for travelling
Without infant
I will take lindy perhaps

That's true.. and i can shorten the strap and wear it under my arm too... hmm..

I just traveled from LA to Taipei with a 6 month old. It’s really hard to carry anything bulky while wearing a baby carrier and you can’t do anything crossbody. I ended up leaving all the Hermes at home. I used a goyard St. Louis as a diaper bag and a Gucci fanny pack for wallet and cell phone that I either wore around my waist on top of the carrier or threw into the goyard. I needed to be truly hands free as it was raining a lot (umbrella) and I also have another child to wrangle.

the fanny pack fits over the carrier?? this is an amazing suggestion!! I almost bought a valentino rockstud belt bag on sale on matchesfashion or someplace for this reason but was nervous it still wont work out...

I have a faure le page tote which is very similar to the goyard st louis in size and also bought a chanel deauville as a baby bag.. but my concern is organizing everything inside.. do you use an insert??

and kudos to you travelling with 2 in tow! im so nervous this our first baby and his first trip... i might need to PM you for some tips.. :graucho:

Reactions: azukitea
That's true.. and i can shorten the strap and wear it under my arm too... hmm..

the fanny pack fits over the carrier?? this is an amazing suggestion!! I almost bought a valentino rockstud belt bag on sale on matchesfashion or someplace for this reason but was nervous it still wont work out...

I have a faure le page tote which is very similar to the goyard st louis in size and also bought a chanel deauville as a baby bag.. but my concern is organizing everything inside.. do you use an insert??

and kudos to you travelling with 2 in tow! im so nervous this our first baby and his first trip... i might need to PM you for some tips.. :graucho:

I loosen the fanny pack strap so that it can clip around the waist strap of the carrier. I can also sling it over my shoulder or throw in the open top goyard; it’s the most flexible option, plus it zips closed so nothing falls out and is lightweight. In the goyard I have everything organized in little drawstring sacks or gallon ziplocks, ie one for extra outfit, bib & swaddle, one for diaper related, one for toys, etc. I like the open top goyard for easy access to everything. feel free to PM me for tips, it’s a looooong trip...

Reactions: Jaaanice
I loosen the fanny pack strap so that it can clip around the waist strap of the carrier. I can also sling it over my shoulder or throw in the open top goyard; it’s the most flexible option, plus it zips closed so nothing falls out and is lightweight. In the goyard I have everything organized in little drawstring sacks or gallon ziplocks, ie one for extra outfit, bib & swaddle, one for diaper related, one for toys, etc. I like the open top goyard for easy access to everything. feel free to PM me for tips, it’s a looooong trip...

Also to keep this H related: I brought a jige for the wedding, a CSGM that also works as a nursing / pumping cover, and rejected the following Hermes items: mini Evelyne (open top risky for wallet falling out, can’t do cross body with carrier ), Constance (too bulky), evelyne GM (st Louis a more flexible and lightweight option), b&k (too heavy and not hands free). While in Taipei, visited Hermes and bought a Cheval Phoenix twilly because I forgot all her headbands :smile:.

Edited: Deleted photo as requested PT

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're veering towards or settling on non-H bags then please correspond away from this thread.

If anyone has anymore thoughts on H-only please post here, even to help other mums with similar bags and carrying/organising issues.

If we're veering towards or settling on non-H bags then please correspond away from this thread.

If anyone has anymore thoughts on H-only please post here, even to help other mums with similar bags and carrying/organising issues.

Yes please!! Especially traveling with baby while carrying a Lindy. Really wanna see if that works or not!

Reactions: papertiger
I use my evelyne and halzan the most when I’m out with the kids. The pockets in the halzan come in handy and it’s super versatile. The evelyne is just easy peasy.
I got an evie 29 before and returned it because i thought it didn't look good on me - and then got the halzan instead.

have you tried using the halzan with a baby carrier? im trying to see how that will work.

I got an evie 29 before and returned it because i thought it didn't look good on me - and then got the halzan instead.

have you tried using the halzan with a baby carrier? im trying to see how that will work.

I had my two year old in the ergo and I found that it was hard to carry a purse of any type. I could likely have worn a waist bag.