Advice needed! Websites

calliope17

O.G.
Oct 14, 2011
Hey ladies. I have a toolbox 20 phw in Rose Pourpee. Apparently. For some reason, I was told that the colour is not very popular where I am located. So argh!!!! I am not getting fast responses. Anyway, I was wondering if you can suggest some foreign websites where I can list the bag.

I just want to sell at my cost ASAP. Many thanks!

Edited: Photo not needed

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hon I cannot believe what I read :eek:! Try eBay? You can start from here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/discuss-hermes-resale-ebay-sellers.643531/page-487 BTW soliciting on the forum is not allowed per TPF rules. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/where-do-i-sell-my-bags.1000136/ Good luck dear :hugs:

Hey ladies. I have a toolbox 20 phw in Rose Pourpee. Apparently. For some reason, I was told that the colour is not very popular where I am located. So argh!!!! I am not getting fast responses. Anyway, I was wondering if you can suggest some foreign websites where I can list the bag.

Edited: Photo not needed

Oh hon I cannot believe what I read :eek:! Try eBay? You can start from here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/discuss-hermes-resale-ebay-sellers.643531/page-487 BTW soliciting on the forum is not allowed per TPF rules. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/where-do-i-sell-my-bags.1000136/ Good luck dear :hugs:

tonkamama has suggested the perfect thread for you to peruse, so many options. Good luck

Hey thanks hun! Nope! Not soliciting a bag for sale and don’t think I’ve asked about this bag before. I don’t want to use eBay for such a a high value bag. Also. If I wanted to blatantly advertise it for sale on this forum, erm. It won’t be that blatant?? That’s kinda a silly move. I didn’t even mention the price or the date stamp or where it was bought in or whether it has receipts etc. I mentioned the colours and model because I just had a lady tell me that it was unpopular locally (along with Magnolia) - not sure how true that is and so was hoping someone who knows the market in their location might be able to give some input as to which target audience I should focus in.

My recent posts was about buying a birkin and thoughts about it. This bag was mention in a previous post in a wholly different context and as an ancillary remark and in fact, I said that I purchased this bag because I liked it. But as you know how most of us are, I have now changed my mind about said bag and would like to sell it ASAP. So I could just randomly list the bag for sale or I could ask for some advice if that meant it will increase the chances of me selling this bag.

Happy for a mod to remove or edit the post if it violates any guidelines! I have posted on two platforms locally before asking on PF and have also approached several resellers locally.

Thanks for the link. But which website / country would you recommend for this particular model / colour. I mean, I already know of some websites but would like to be focused. It’s not like I have zero knowledge of websites but what I really appreciate is any input on which market likes a toolbox for example. For example, if you said USA. I’d post in a USA focused website. Any suggestion?

Again, happy for a mod to remove or edit the originating post.

Reactions: saskiamoet
I personally prefer Instagram to sell on your own and keep all proceeds..
It's really not rocket science (((not trying to be rude, just facts))). There's no secret magical site. You probably know all the websites we know of.... consign or sell outright... Unfortunately your bag is not popular (in Hermes terms like B or K) so you are not going to get what you paid.. Period. The color depends on the buyer who is looking at Toolbox. It's many factors that go into if a bag sells quickly. If you need quick sale, cut your loses now & list it for a steal.
RealReal
Fashionphile
Ebay
IG
Ann's
on and on and on....

Last edited:
I personally prefer Instagram to sell on your own and keep all proceeds..
It's really not rocket science (((not trying to be rude, just facts))). There's no secret magical site. You probably know all the websites we know of.... consign or sell outright... Unfortunately your bag is not popular (in Hermes terms like B or K) so you are not going to get what you paid.. Period. The color depends on the buyer who is looking at Toolbox. It's many factors that go into if a bag sells quickly. If you need quick sale, cut your loses now & list it for a steal.
RealReal
Fashionphile
Ebay
IG
Ann's
on and on and on....

Thanks! Nope. I don’t find your reply rude at all. I actually only know of real real and fashionphile and eBay and Poshmark. Only have bought from eBay and not used the others save for Poshmark but that won’t work now as I’m no longer in the USA. Let me check Ann’s out.

So you don’t think I can recover my cost. That’s alarming. Mm. Thanks for the input.

My IG is focused on travels and pretty places. So I have never even thought about that!

Thanks! Nope. I don’t find your reply rude at all. I actually only know of real real and fashionphile and eBay and Poshmark. Only have bought from eBay and not used the others save for Poshmark but that won’t work now as I’m no longer in the USA. Let me check Ann’s out.

So you don’t think I can recover my cost. That’s alarming. Mm. Thanks for the input.

My IG is focused on travels and pretty places. So I have never even thought about that!
No I don't hun. This is based on what I have seen in friends and in watching the market. I have friends who try to sell Jyp, toolbox and bolide... unless the type of leather, color is coveted along with size (different for different bags).. it's pretty hard to sell. Def not for retail. =( Sorry. In fact, B35 and K35 (and 32 sometimes) don't even sell well anymore. Even if it's a SO!

IMHO, for a toolbox, you'd do better to sell it to Fashionphile or Anns and cut your losses....
By the way, you can contact them both to get a quote on your bag....that will give u an idea bc there's no obligation to sell it to them.
GL dear xo

Hey ladies! Sorry for the delay in response! I was so busy with life / work that I forgot to reply. If you are still following this story, then you will be pleased to know that I traded the brand new toolbox 20 for an unused N stamp Kelly 32 in Indigo along with an Hermes receipt, full set with a small top up, 2 weeks ago.

Also. To the ladies who made unkind comments about how I tried to sell my bag on the forum: I think that many of the resale websites quoted or most talked about in the thread or in the ancillary thread (as quoted by another lady) really catered to the American or European clientele. I went on the other thread immediately and asked a few questions and even signed up for some of those sites. But it required sellers to send the bag to them upon a sale or only facilitates a sale within the country like Poshmark or Real real etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: madamelizaking
No I don't hun. This is based on what I have seen in friends and in watching the market. I have friends who try to sell Jyp, toolbox and bolide... unless the type of leather, color is coveted along with size (different for different bags).. it's pretty hard to sell. Def not for retail. =( Sorry. In fact, B35 and K35 (and 32 sometimes) don't even sell well anymore. Even if it's a SO!

IMHO, for a toolbox, you'd do better to sell it to Fashionphile or Anns and cut your losses....
By the way, you can contact them both to get a quote on your bag....that will give u an idea bc there's no obligation to sell it to them.
GL dear xo

Hey girl! Thanks for your comments. I took it onboard and made the best out of the situation :smile: