Advice Needed: Ultimate Classic POP Color?

miss argile

Dec 13, 2016
Dear H lovers,

This is my first thread, and I have finally worked up the courage to start one. I have read through tons of threads and love love Eternallove4bags' color strategy and Rami's article on building a classic collection with a 10-bag limit. (Eternallove4bag and Rami, thanks for the awesome recommendation if u see this:biggrin:) I suddenly realized that Im actually half way there as I also have cut down my collection to 2 classic chanels (one dark navy with ghw and one black with phw), an argile jige:heart:, and a oregano mini roulis with ghw which now serves as a warm neutral as oregano is quite similar to etoupe to me.

So, now I just need 3 Kellys! :P

1. Black or any color similar to black, now I have a black herbag (so.. half way there waiting for upgrade haha)

2. Cold neutral: I LOVE Gris T with PHW, but since now it might not come SS17, and I kinda dont have a strong feeling for Gris Mouette. Any other suggestion? Etain with PHW?

3. POP color: This is where I really need your valuable advices! Looking for a classic pop color that ages well and wont look dated and tired after wears (i have my roulis scratched on the 1st day:sick:). In my early 30s and tend to like understated and chic styles, not too feminie, wardrobe consits mostly Navy, White, Gray, Green and Black. Wear white T and jeans a lot on weekends. I know my style might eventually evolve so am looking for a color that can grow with me! Not a fan of orange/pink, so I have narrowed down to Blue/Green/Red families, and these all seem so pretty and classic:

- Bleu Saphir (I know I will wear blue a lot, but some older Hermes blues now look a bit tired to me, will so many shades of blue confuse me in the future and Bleu Saphir becomes dated?)

- Malachite (Guess similar issue as blues, whats the classic classic green?)

- Rouge Casaque/Rouge Vif (once I get older, I might love red a bit more? my only concern is that if red will be too loud for me :confused1:)

What do you think? If you can only have 1 pop color, what will you pick? And any other blue/green/red you think will age better?

Sorry for the long rambles and Thanks a lot for the help!! :flowers:

Last edited:
I think you are well on your way! ETernal Love and Rami are great ladies to take your cues from. I think the ultimate classic pop colors are red or blue. If rouge casaque or vif is a bit bright for you, rouge grenat is also a beautiful saturated red without being too bright and also doesn't have pink in it like Rubis does. If you want to go one shade darker, then rouge H is a classic dark red that is a neutral red much like your oregano roulis. I have malachite and so am quite partial to this color but since you already have oregano I would get something else. For blues, in my opinion, blue saphir wIll never look dated but I wouldn't consider that color a pop. Pop would be more like blue electric which has been a crowd favorite for a long time. Hope that helps.

Omg! U r too sweet [emoji8][emoji8]... Thank u for the love! So happy you decided to start your thread! Deciding on the number of bags that's right for your collection and the colors that work best for you is a great way to start! I paired down my Chanel bags to two also. Your bag collection sounds perfect and it seems from your choices that you are comfortable with both GHW and PHW which gives you so many choice options! A mix of neural with pops of colors is a great way to go!
Now on to your 3 K suggestions if I may [emoji12]..
1. Black is a classic but if you feel that you are repeating colors since you already have a black Herbag how about going with similar colors like bleu nuit or bleu indigo that almost look like black but in certain lighting the blue hues show. I try and avoid repeating colors as much as possible except for black which I have 3 of - 1 reissue, 1 mini and 1 Constance.... So if you want to add another black to me that seems good too.

2. Sadly GT may not be back although I wouldn't give up hope. I just saw 2 GP in my store in GT but whether we will get it in a K, I honestly have no clue. Etain would be a lovely option if you are not feeling GM. A gray is a must I feel in any collection but since you already have Argile you have the gray covered. I was never an etoupe lover till recently and now I find myself going nuts about it. Bottom line tastes change over time so wait for that cold neutral if you are not feeling the current colors.

3. For pop of color I would go for RC, malachite or BE. BE seems the best choice for you since you said you see yourself wearing blue a lot.
Bleu Saphir for me is more of a neutral color than a pop.
I got my bleu saphir KC last year and I find it perfect with any colored clothing. That's one color that to me will be more of a classic.
Here is a pic of bleu saphir IMG_1484153013.896559.jpg

All the best with choosing your 3 K's[emoji173]️[emoji173]️... Keep us posted on your decision!

I think you are well on your way! ETernal Love and Rami are great ladies to take your cues from. I think the ultimate classic pop colors are red or blue. If rouge casaque or vif is a bit bright for you, rouge grenat is also a beautiful saturated red without being too bright and also doesn't have pink in it like Rubis does. If you want to go one shade darker, then rouge H is a classic dark red that is a neutral red much like your oregano roulis. I have malachite and so am quite partial to this color but since you already have oregano I would get something else. For blues, in my opinion, blue saphir wIll never look dated but I wouldn't consider that color a pop. Pop would be more like blue electric which has been a crowd favorite for a long time. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much dear MYH for your kind words [emoji8][emoji8]... It seems we agree a lot on the colors [emoji3]...I too agree that for me bleu saphir is not a pop of color while BE definitely is [emoji170][emoji170]

What a true sweetheart you really are! Thank you, I am honored.
Don’t it just feels great to have a plan or working towards a plan. I love how you brainstormed and knew exactly what you want. It saves us from lot of unexpected distractions which could later result into “omg, what was I thinking”

Black is the ultimate classic. I have two : B30 and Jumbo. Both serves very different purposes for me. If you are not feeling the black, bleu saphir is the ultimate choice, just like you have it on your “maybe list”. I have seen a kelly in that color and it’s absolutely stunning. I don’t think this color could ever date.

My ultimate pop of colors are reds and blues. I just feel so confident rocking those bright colors. If I could only have one bag that would be rouge casaque, I love it that much. Malachite was another color I was lusting after but than I stopped getting the urge of getting any other bag. I have completed my collection! I popped into H store to see my new SA (what a true gem) he asked me if I needed another bag and I heard myself saying “no thanks, just dropped in to say Happy New Year” The best feeling ever!

I hope you get all the bags you desire. Don’t overload tho.

Rami xx
IMG_3044.JPG

Everyone's idea of pop colour is different. If Blue Saphir is a loud as you want to go that's fine, it certainly is a lovely blue. Sometimes I feel more adventurous with different colours, I'm happy with bright greens but I feel a 'pop' even with Ruby as a red though RC and RV are lovely.

Reactions: miss argile
How fun! Great planning on your end! I could not agree more on the amazing info Rami and eternallove4bag have provided us when it comes to collecting bags.

Here are my two cents:

1: black or similar color: since you already have a black Chanel with shw, a black K with GHW would be a great addition and really completely different look than your current Chanel.

2: cold neutral. On this one, my advise is to determine whether you want more of a gray or more of a brown. To me gris T and even etain have brown undertones where as gris mouette and something like graphite are true grays. Graphite could also take the place of your #1 (black or something like black) if you want more variety.

3: pop of color. Well...all of the ones you have mentioned are STUNNING so you can't go wrong! I am biased as rouge casaque was and is my HG color and I just think it is the absolute perfect red. A red will be a wonderful pop of color for your wardrobe based on your description. Based on your wardrobe, something like blue saphir and even malachite may look like neutrals. What I mean is that if you wear a lot of blues and whites and blacks, adding a blue bag won't be much of a pop of color. That of course is fine. I mention it in case it helps in determining how much of a pop you want. Same with malachite (but I absolutely love that color - it's next on my list)

In the end, my vote goes to Rouge casque. I leave you with a pic of mine too (and my gris mouette just for thought) [emoji6]

IMG_1484182384.448501.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1484182259.044131.jpg
    IMG_1484182259.044131.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 1,316
What a fun project to be on. I am right there with you. Major edit mode.

First question: when you say "pop" color, what do you mean? How much "pop" do you want? If you're looking at Bleu Saphir, that's not super bright. Basically, do you want Bleu Saphir level of bright or Bleu Electrique level of bright? Both are amazing colors.

Personally I love love love Bleu Saphir but it's very different in different leathers - almost navy in Clemence, jewel-toned in chèvre, etc. So leather is something to consider. I do NOT think this color will date. I ordered my last SO with BS interior just because I love it, and in chèvre it will pop.

When looking to add color to a neutral wardrobe, I tend to like muted colors or very pure, clean colors. I love green and wear a lot of it, but when looking for a "pop" color, green is not as versatile a color to me as red or blue. I personally (uh oh) don't like Rouge Casaque - I prefer Rouge Vif as a 'pure" straight up bright red.

So, assuming you're not looking for a SUPER bright (if you are I would say bleu electrique)...
and you're not looking for a muted color that works as a neutral (if you are I'd suggest Rouge H, talk about a color that will never date)...

then I'd go for Bleu Saphir.

On your "cold neutral", I also don't love Gris Mouette. I think you have a good shot at Gris T showing up, and Etain is also gorgeous and super versatile.

It sounds like you have a great strategy there, such a fun project (but not easy as there are soooo many options out there).
Like you, I am in my 30's too and I also ask myself if a bag can grow old with me when picking a new B or K.

For your neutral close to black, I would pick a darker blue like Bleu Saphir or Bleu Nuit. Both are absolutely beautiful IMO and true classics. Bleu Nuit is darker than Bleu Saphir, but it also depends on the leather as colors do look different in different leathers. But I would definitely pick a nice blue shade, it is so much more interesting than just black.

Cold neutral. I have Gris T myself but I rarely wear it. The color is beautiful and goes with almost everything for sure, but I find myself wearing darker colors more because I am worried about signs of wear on the lighter Gris T. color. I should work on that as there are many ladies and gents here on the forum who have used Gris T. often without any problems :P.
Etain is definitely very nice as well (I got an Etain B during the holidays and I am very, very happy with it) but has a slight brown undertone. In Togo, I can even see a very slight lilac undertone. Very pretty though and it is a color that definitely works for me and that I can grow old with. I don't worry about signs of wear here since it is a darker color. Etain is also one of those colors that look great with either hardware -phw or ghw.
Mine is phw, but I've seen Etain with ghw too which also looked really beautiful. But if you are looking for a cool color, I think phw works better with Etain because ghw gives the color more warmth if that makes sense.
Then there is also Graphite and Ardoise - both are beautiful grey colors too, but I don't think they are available atm (Graphite maybe is, but Ardoise not as far as I know). Both of these are more a true grey, Graphite is darker than Ardoise.

Pop color. For that there are many options. How bright do you want to go? Which color do you truly like? I feel one can't go wrong with a nice shade of red, but once again - many options here. A brighter Rouge Casaque (which I own in Chèvre, and I totally love it), or rather something more subtle like Rouge Grenat for example?
When I placed my SO for a Rouge Casaque B, I was afraid it would be too loud for me as well. But honestly, I love it and it's a color that will definitely grow old with me.
However, each person is different so ask yourself which 'pop' color would really make you happy. Take your time, look at many pictures to see which colors you do and do not like.
Btw, how do you feel about purple? I think the perfect shade of purple can also be a nice 'pop'.