Advice needed: Togo Birkin - Blue jean 25 phw or Raisin 30 ghw?

I would wait if I were you. First, the stitching issue would bother me -- I don't tend to be picky about these things, but that one is front and center and very noticeable. Second, you already have a small blue jean bag in your pico. Third, I agree with the poster who said it looks too small with a casual outfit. Blue Jean Togo is a casual leather and color combo, so I'm not sure this would look quite right dressed up either.
And finally, I'm a big believer in holding out for what you originally wanted. Don't take something just because it's rare or hard to get right now. I think you should wait for the Kelly. JMHO.

Dear all,

Thank you all for your advices. I went to the boutique yesterday. When my SA took the 25b out from the box, I was so amazed by how cute and tiny it is. My SA said she didn't see any 25 came in for a long time. I tried several ways to ask her if there's any chance to see another 25b, and the answers are no no no. They didn't even order any from France this year.

After some "hands-on" moment and 10 mins consideration, I decided to take the bag. I already have a 30b which I'm satisfied with, and not planning to make a rainbow collection, so the raisin 30b is out, for now :P. My SA also suggested me to take the 25b first cause it's truly rare (at least in my area). A 30b or 28/32 kellys can be offered easier in the furture. Well, demands are created, right?

Yes i know the BJ is an "old" color but I kindda like it. Sometimes new stunning H blue will draw my attention but I am still in love with my BJ picotin. Maybe it's because the white stitch. Besides the color and the size do work for my daily casual outfit.

But here's another question... I didn't take the bag home right away 'cause I forgot to bring my credit card :shame:. When I came back home and review the sneak shots I took in the store, I noticed some "interesting" stitch. A white dot in area A looks like a doubled stitch. And the lower line in area B looks like "sleepy" stitchs :roflmfao:.

Do you think it's an issue or not? It may not be awared when the bag is carried on hand. I didn't even noticed that when i'm in the store. Maybe it's because I was too excited... Please kindly give me your advice...

Attached photos are some comparisions with the 25b and my original 30b...

Honestly that stitching problems are eye sore to me esp brand new
I will still buy it and get them to fix it asap nothing major to worry
And you will be a happy gal

Although fellow tPFers dont prefer BJ. I really do I think it is a very nice blue. However raisin is also a pretty color.

As always I believe the decision comes down to how one piece may fit better than another with your wardrobe

Dear all,

Really appreciate all your thoughts and advices. I took the 25B back home after all.

The stitch issue doesn't look so obvious in person. Don't know why it became so noticeable in photos. And the SAs said that France won't see it as an issue from their experience. I just tried to fix it with my finger nail and it looked better now. :roflmfao:

Here's some pics I took yeaterday when I brought it home... Thank you all again. So glad you ladies were with me when making tough decision. :kiss:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 260
Dear all,

Really appreciate all your thoughts and advices. I took the 25B back home after all.

The stitch issue doesn't look so obvious in person. Don't know why it became so noticeable in photos. And the SAs said that France won't see it as an issue from their experience. I just tried to fix it with my finger nail and it looked better now. :roflmfao:

Here's some pics I took yeaterday when I brought it home... Thank you all again. So glad you ladies were with me when making tough decision. :kiss:
Congratulations! What a lovely choice; you will use it all year round. Now you have me thinking about a 25 B!

Dear all,

I love the size on you. It's totally gorgeous!