Advice needed: selling strass loubies on Ebay

sugarcoated_

I heart CL
Dec 11, 2009
Amsterdam
Dear fellow Louboutin lovers,

I have been inactive on this forum for a while because it is SO enabling but now I turn to you for your expert advice.

I have the opportunity to buy some strass Loubies (Lady Claude and Very prive) from a store so NIB at a very reduced price. The sizes are -I think- sought after (39, 39.5) and the colours are gold and silver. I am contemplating about buying these shoes to resell them on eBay for a small profit but I am not sure if it is worth my while. I don't have much insight in what Louboutins go for these days on eBay these days, much less strass Loubies because they were always way out of my spend range.

So, if you could perhaps give me some advice?

Shoes are NIB, the models are Lady Claude and Very Prive, size 39 and 39.5 and the strass colours are gold and silver. I am able to buy them for around $800.

Thank you so much in advance.

creighbaby

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
This may need to be moved to the ebay forum.
Here are my thoughts: I would check completed listings for both shoes. Also to consider, are those diy strass or were they done by cl, if they dont sell, can you wear them yourself? Is the profit going to be enough after you factor in ebay and PayPal fees, shipping costs and your time.

sugarcoated_

I heart CL
Dec 11, 2009
Amsterdam
The shoes are NIB straight from an authorized Louboutin dealer here in the Netherlands. I will not be able to wear them myself, sadly!

I have checked listings and prices seem okay but I am not sure if those prices are reasonable. Do they actually sell? I have no clue.

Thank you for your reply

*edit*

I have calculated eBay's and Paypal's fees, and with current listprices I should still make a profit. I'm just not sure if current listprices are realistic.

Last edited:

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Ohio
The shoes are NIB straight from an authorized Louboutin dealer here in the Netherlands. I will not be able to wear them myself, sadly!

I have checked listings and prices seem okay but I am not sure if those prices are reasonable. Do they actually sell? I have no clue.

Thank you for your reply

*edit*

I have calculated eBay's and Paypal's fees, and with current listprices I should still make a profit. I'm just not sure if current listprices are realistic.
don't go by list prices, go by sold listings on ebay. sellers can charge whatever they want, doesn't mean its going to sell. strass holds their value pretty poorly, considering retail price.

JetSetGo!

Never not trying
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
valley girl x city girl
Agree with gymangel and creighbaby to check sold listings. Also will depend on size. It it's an unpopular size, meaning really small or really large, they will likely be harder to sell unless there is someone who has been searching for them. Reselling is always a risk, but I can't imagine you won't get at least what you paid back worst case scenario.

Sep 23, 2008
Australia
Like JSG said, reselling is always a risk.

You have to factor in ebay and paypal fees (around 30% of selling price) and the fact that IMO it's harder to shift strass CLs due to the significantly higher price. If you are patient and can wait months/years for a good price then maybe it's worth it?