advice needed re: lawsuit

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hey guys!

i have a question and i figured you guys would be the perfect people to ask:

nearly five years ago, i shattered my ankle and broke my leg on canada post property... i sued and now, almost five years later, we've settled.

my question is: i signed the release and faxed it (and mailed the original) back on the 5th of december.

how much longer should this take before i have the funds in my hands? my lawyer promised me the money by december 20th... was that an unreasonable promise?

i REALLY want this over before christmas because this has put not only myself but my family and even my friends and employer through the wringer. i would like to spend my first christmas in over four and a half years without worrying. there's so much resting on this money and i'm just so frustrated and angry at the world right now.

any advice/help would be appreciated. i've already e-mailed my lawyer's assistant to ask what the holdup was, but who knows when i'll actually get an answer.

thanks for letting me vent, guys. i really appreciate it!

2. i know often the hold up on the money is waiting for the settlement check to clear in the lawyers account before they can issue you your check minus their fees