Advice Needed: Purchase in London in March or U.S. Now?

Hi TPFers!

I wanted to purchase a beige clair m/l flap soon but was wondering if I should

1.) Risk it and wait until my trip to London in March to purchase (not quite sure what the availability for beige clair is there but the VAT refund is a huge +)

2.) Purchase the bag now before the next (impending) price increase

Many thanks in advance! You guys are the best!
 

wlee917

Member
Jul 20, 2012
438
155
Hi TPFers!

I wanted to purchase a beige clair m/l flap soon but was wondering if I should

1.) Risk it and wait until my trip to London in March to purchase (not quite sure what the availability for beige clair is there but the VAT refund is a huge +)

2.) Purchase the bag now before the next (impending) price increase

Many thanks in advance! You guys are the best!
If you find one in US.. I would buy it just in case if there is an increase and if London has no stock. I would suggest buying from a department store like Nordstrom or NM, in case you are lucky enough that there is no increase in March AND London boutique has your bag then you can always return the one from US (IF it is in BRAND NEW condition)... IMO.. =)
 

gquinn

Member
Dec 30, 2012
988
237
I agree with wlee917 - Just remember to keep an eye on the refund policy at the dept. store you buy from AND ensure you keep your brand new purse packaged and away from strong smells/scents:smile:

Good luck!
 

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
16,420
106
I would purchase it now as you never know what you will be able to find in London. Often you go with one bag in mind, and when you don't find it, what would you do? Buy something other than what you want? Buy nothing? You would have that bag nagging at you. I would buy it now. I'm not sure I would return it after a month (if you found it in London) but I suppose you might have that option if you bought it at Nordstrom. I would definitely not take it out of the box if that's what you plan.
 

Swou

Member
Nov 18, 2011
357
1
Both sides of the Atlantic
Hi,

How long will you be in London? If you're there for a week or more I would definetely wait. Bags are cheaper in Europe plus you can get a refund. A beige shouldn't be too hard to come by, and stock moves quickly. If you're there for a while your chances of finding one are pretty good. Price will increase over there too though so youd need to calculate if you really did save money instead of buying here before the increase. Good luck:smile:
 

bgyoshi

O.G.
Nov 23, 2005
1,557
0
CA
I would buy it now. I also have a Europe trip in April but didn't want to risk stock availability or price increase so just bought a reissue recently. My reasoning was if there is a price increase, even with the VAT refund, it would be what I'm paying in US before the increase ykwim?
 

Chanbal

Member
Aug 18, 2012
5,268
3,421
World citizen
If you are sure it's the bag you want, buy it immediately and keep it. :smile: Sometimes buying an item for less money can end up costing us more. It's hard for me to resist a price reduction, and I often purchase two of the exact same item. My lousy excuse, it's such a great deal...:nogood:
Also, if you buy your bag now, you do not have to worry with walking all over London/Heathrow with a beige bag. Enjoy your trip to London!:smile::smile: