Advice needed please!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I could use some advice. I would like to buy my wife something special for our 5th wedding anniversary. She has generally not spent tons of money on bags though she does love them. She has Furla, Kooba, Tory Burch.... I would like to get her a bag she wouldn't buy for herself. I know I can get something really nice in the 2k range, but do I need to go that high (we're saving for a house and she may get annoyed)? Something classic and special -- any thoughts? If it helps, we both work in NYC, so I have access to all the stores. Thank you in advance.

2. Perhaps take a leisurely stroll with her along 5th Avenue. Walk towards Bottega Veneta, Tod's, YSL, Gucci, Christian Dior, and have fun! It sounds like she likes to wear nice leather bags and not logod bags. I would highly recommend then perhaps walking into Saks or Bergdorf and very casually walk thru the handbag department and see what hits you and then you can ask for her opinion. That's probably your best bet. If she gets angry then you are looking too high. Listen to her feedback to get an idea of what style bag she likes ie. shoulder, or worn on her arm.

Just to let you know, if you want to save a little money, the sales begin in November. Have fun and I hope I helped a bit.

3. I'd recommend Marc Jacobs, there's a variety of styles under 2k and even 1k. Something like the Amber or Rio, maybe. Good luck!