Advice needed- ostrich ghillies

ilovecocohanel

Hermes Addict
O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
Hi all
Being offered brown 3 tone ostrich ghilles or 3 tone blue ostrich ghilllie

Unsure which to take not seen both in real life

Keep in mind i have ostrich violine 1 tone ghw..

I have a alezan kelly
I have several blue bags blue jean birkin mykonos lindy blue electric kelly pochette

Confused
Help needed
TIA

What a lovely decision to make!
Do you know which shades of brown and blue? Perhaps that makes it easier for us to give our opinion ;).

But since you have several blue bags already, perhaps the brown ostrich would be a nice add to your collection, since Alezan is lighter in color.
And, a darker brown is classic and timeless of course, a perfect neutral.

You are one lucky person! Super super super envious. Why don't you take the brown ' cos you seem to have quite a few blues already and brown is so easy to match. Alternative is to see both and then decide.

I think am leaning toward the blue...
My first choice wud be the sunset ostrich ghillies..

Ive just realised that i hardly carry browns and hardly wear my alezan..
So i think it will be the blue tri col ostrich

I know the brown is a classic... But sumhow feel blue is equally classic and i will get more mileage out of it...

I must preface this with the fact that I do swap out my bags brutally if they don't work for me....I had a brown ostrich K for a while and whilst I appreciated it and knew it was a wardrobe winner I just didn't ever carry it. I just felt that brown ostrich aged me in a way that the same bag in another colour would not. Blue - any shade of blue - I would have been delighted to carry.

Thank goodness we don't all like the same things or Hermes shopping would be even more challenging than it already is.

I know the brown is a classic... But sumhow feel blue is equally classic and i will get more mileage out of it...

I think you will be much happierl with the "blue"..:biggrin:

Enjoy!

For the brown family ostrich, I prefer it in lighter shades like gold, natural, tabac, etc. I find darker brown ostrich appears more austere. I think the 3 tone blue ghillies would be stunning. H makes beautiful blue colors. G'luck deciding and can't wait to see your reveal.

You have a beautiful collection, and like you said the Blue makes your heart race so go for it and enjoy��

What a lovely decision to make!
Do you know which shades of brown and blue? Perhaps that makes it easier for us to give our opinion ;).

But since you have several blue bags already, perhaps the brown ostrich would be a nice add to your collection, since Alezan is lighter in color.
And, a darker brown is classic and timeless of course, a perfect neutral.
+1 This is what I would have said after reading your original post. The post also implied that you have too many blue bags and were open to other options. And ostrich in brown is a classic and tri-color would be a dream!

But then I read this second post from you, it seems like your heart sings for blue in general. If you will get more use out of a tri-color blue bag over a brown one, definitely go for the blue! There is no point of having a lovely bag that you don't use often.