Advice needed- ostrich ghillies

ilovecocohanel

Hermes Addict
O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
Hi all
Being offered brown 3 tone ostrich ghilles or 3 tone blue ostrich ghilllie

Unsure which to take not seen both in real life

Keep in mind i have ostrich violine 1 tone ghw..

I have a alezan kelly
I have several blue bags blue jean birkin mykonos lindy blue electric kelly pochette

Confused
Help needed
TIA

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Escaping from Ban Island;-)
What a lovely decision to make!
Do you know which shades of brown and blue? Perhaps that makes it easier for us to give our opinion ;).

But since you have several blue bags already, perhaps the brown ostrich would be a nice add to your collection, since Alezan is lighter in color.
And, a darker brown is classic and timeless of course, a perfect neutral.

Feb 26, 2010
I personally love ostrich in brown, it just ages so nicely. Agree with the above posters that it would help to know which shades of blue and brown are being offered.

Kkho

Sep 19, 2012
You are one lucky person! Super super super envious. Why don't you take the brown ' cos you seem to have quite a few blues already and brown is so easy to match. Alternative is to see both and then decide.

ilovecocohanel

Hermes Addict
O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
I think am leaning toward the blue...
My first choice wud be the sunset ostrich ghillies..

Ive just realised that i hardly carry browns and hardly wear my alezan..
So i think it will be the blue tri col ostrich

I know the brown is a classic... But sumhow feel blue is equally classic and i will get more mileage out of it...

Jan 20, 2009
I must preface this with the fact that I do swap out my bags brutally if they don't work for me....I had a brown ostrich K for a while and whilst I appreciated it and knew it was a wardrobe winner I just didn't ever carry it. I just felt that brown ostrich aged me in a way that the same bag in another colour would not. Blue - any shade of blue - I would have been delighted to carry.

Thank goodness we don't all like the same things or Hermes shopping would be even more challenging than it already is.

Apr 15, 2007

I know the brown is a classic... But sumhow feel blue is equally classic and i will get more mileage out of it...

I think you will be much happierl with the "blue"..:biggrin:

Enjoy!

Fabfashion

O.G.
Feb 18, 2010
Canada
For the brown family ostrich, I prefer it in lighter shades like gold, natural, tabac, etc. I find darker brown ostrich appears more austere. I think the 3 tone blue ghillies would be stunning. H makes beautiful blue colors. G'luck deciding and can't wait to see your reveal.

BirkinLover77

Apr 30, 2014
New York City

You have a beautiful collection, and like you said the Blue makes your heart race so go for it and enjoy��

Kitty S.

Dec 21, 2012
What a lovely decision to make!
Do you know which shades of brown and blue? Perhaps that makes it easier for us to give our opinion ;).

But since you have several blue bags already, perhaps the brown ostrich would be a nice add to your collection, since Alezan is lighter in color.
And, a darker brown is classic and timeless of course, a perfect neutral.
+1 This is what I would have said after reading your original post. The post also implied that you have too many blue bags and were open to other options. And ostrich in brown is a classic and tri-color would be a dream!

But then I read this second post from you, it seems like your heart sings for blue in general. If you will get more use out of a tri-color blue bag over a brown one, definitely go for the blue! There is no point of having a lovely bag that you don't use often.

pretty99

buy too much lah!
O.G.
Apr 17, 2007
major airports
I will lean towards blue too, as the combo somehow has a bit of purple undertone to it. It'll be a totally different blue