Advice needed on next bag!!

jxwilliams

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Hello all!! I would love your advice on my next bag. Currently, LV-wise I have Galliera PM in the azur (so super gorgeous...).

I am trying to think about a well-edited collection and eventually would like to have one bag in each pattern.

My only requirement is that it has to be shoulder carry and good year round as this will be my everyday bag.

Here are my options:

(mono) Totally mm

(mono) Delightful mm

(ebene) Portobello GM

Please help! As soon as I decide on one bag, I start to doubt myself! TIA!

Portobello of your choices. I tried on the totally last week - i have never loved the look of the bag but it seems really functional and I wanted a bag that would accommodate my laptop but not be laptop case. It was unanimously shot down by my friends and SA. Also i did not think it was that comfortable. I also like the Palermo and speedy b for mono and Evora in DE.

clu13 said:
Portobello of your choices. I tried on the totally last week - i have never loved the look of the bag but it seems really functional and I wanted a bag that would accommodate my laptop but not be laptop case. It was unanimously shot down by my friends and SA. Also i did not think it was that comfortable. I also like the Palermo and speedy b for mono and Evora in DE.

Wowzers you might be the 1st person ive heard say the Totally was not comfortable :0/

I understand what you mean about the Totally--but it's so darned functional!

Will the Palermo's straps fit comfortably over my shoulder? Hmmm...

jxwilliams said:
I would LOVE to, unfortunately the closest LV is 3 hours away!! And I don't think I will make it there before the price increase. I have to order online which is a real bummer.

Awwwwww that sucks........ I would hate for us to suggest a bag, u order and don't like it . Even though its far it might be worth it to save a headache later :0)

LadyLV said:
Wowzers you might be the 1st person ive heard say the Totally was not comfortable :0/

I guess it's all relative. It's certainly more comfortable than the artsy and verona but it was not as comfortable as I expected, especially since I had such high hopes give the flap straps. I love my PH which has the same straps so I thought it would be like that. Maybe if it had adjustable straps, I would have been more into it. I'm at a stage where the bag has truly be a dream for me to buy it because I've made so many costly mistakes.

jxwilliams said:
I understand what you mean about the Totally--but it's so darned functional!

Will the Palermo's straps fit comfortably over my shoulder? Hmmm...

Definitely - and it can go cross body. I'm a huge fan of the adjustable/removable strap. There should be nice modeling pictures in the clubhouse. I consider the Palermo a regret bag - one of my mistakes. I bought a tivoli pm instead which I never used. I was blinded by its cuteness and eventually gave up, sold it and took the loss.

LadyLV said:
Awwwwww that sucks........ I would hate for us to suggest a bag, u order and don't like it . Even though its far it might be worth it to save a headache later :0)

I agree - take a road trip and try everything on! Then you will know what you want when you add the other print/make your wish list. Also different bags are comfortable to some people and nightmares for others. I have really sloping shoulders so I need a bag that can stay on my shoulder but I also dislike any bag that hangs too close to my armpit - that rules out a lot of pretty bags for me. for cross body, it has to hang at just the right place.