Advice needed on Editorial Leigh, please

Jan 25, 2009
Anybody have any thoughts about the Audrey Editorial Leigh with the four "jeweled" C's? I actually saw this bag today in the graphite; they didn't have it in bronze. It's the same linen as the small trio of beach bags with wave lining, but this one has blue/green oceanish satin lining and the pocket on the back is larger and snaps closed.

I first ordered the smaller starfish linen, but it was too small for me. I carry everything--teacher syndrome; I can't get away from it even in summer! :smile:

The bag was locked, of course, and the one SA was busy so I didn't get to gage the weight or see anything else about the function.

Anyone have it or tried it? I'd appreciate any advice, as always. You know I'm older than dirt so appreciate opinions from you young girls.

Thanks.

It's one of my very favorite bags of this floorset; however, I passed on it because the linen on the floor model was already showing roughness (subtle "pilling") where it would have been against people who had tried it on. The SA said it was not a bag designed for everyday use. I think the jewels are very securely attached, so I would not worry about losing any; the issue for me would be the somewhat delicate nature of the linen. Too much for me to pay for a bag that I have to be too careful with and not use everyday (even with PCE).

I have this bag and haven't noticed any problems at all. The "jewels" all seemed securely attached and the care card says it can be wiped with a wet cloth. I do change my bags fairly frequently but I haven't seen any pilling. It is very comfortable to wear and I love the lining too! I'm older than dirt too...LOLOLOL!

It's one of my very favorite bags of this floorset; however, I passed on it because the linen on the floor model was already showing roughness (subtle "pilling") where it would have been against people who had tried it on. The SA said it was not a bag designed for everyday use. I think the jewels are very securely attached, so I would not worry about losing any; the issue for me would be the somewhat delicate nature of the linen. Too much for me to pay for a bag that I have to be too careful with and not use everyday (even with PCE).

Thanks so much, mayhurst. I hate to hear that. It's a big, glitzy bag that could be a perfect choice for summer, but I agree. I am not going to pay that much for linen that pills. It is so hot where I live that I didn't want leather for summer, and the Coach straw Natalie collection is flimsy, so what's a gal to do? :thinking: Oh well.

I have this bag and haven't noticed any problems at all. The "jewels" all seemed securely attached and the care card says it can be wiped with a wet cloth. I do change my bags fairly frequently but I haven't seen any pilling. It is very comfortable to wear and I love the lining too! I'm older than dirt too...LOLOLOL!

During the summer, I pretty much use the same bag since I am retired and have a very casual lifestyle. So, do you think it is too delicate for eveyday use? I put all sorts of things besides the regular essentials in my bags. I can put my Nook in the back outside pocket and my computer inside too. But if the linen is not sealed, it won't last, and I will have wasted way too much money.

Thanks, for your advice.

During the summer, I pretty much use the same bag since I am retired and have a very casual lifestyle. So, do you think it is too delicate for eveyday use? I put all sorts of things besides the regular essentials in my bags. I can put my Nook in the back outside pocket and my computer inside too. But if the linen is not sealed, it won't last, and I will have wasted way too much money.

Thanks, for your advice.

I just did a reveal of the bag, if that'll help as well!
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/two-beachy-reveals-starfish-andie-tote-editorial-leigh-681054.html