Advice Needed on Chanel Red

PF2010

O.G.
May 15, 2010
Hi Ladies,

I came across a red single flap rigid caviar jumbo with silver hardware but the listing says the bag is from 2008. I'm trying to find other pictures of this red and checked online and in the Chanel Reds thread but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know about the red from this period or have pictures?

Thanks so much

I'm trying to think of what 08 would be? 07 was the bijoux chain. Could it be an 09C? that would have come out at the end of 08. I don't believe there was red caviar for any other season in 2008.

Can you post a picture or the listing?

That definitely looks like the 09C as lallybelle mentioned. It is confusing because Chanel used the skinny CC hardware on the 08 jumbos, then went back to the thick, flat CC hardware for 09C before switching indefinitely to the skinny CC hardware for 09A and beyond. Guess they had some extra hardware they discovered to use up. [emoji1]

That definitely looks like the 09C as lallybelle mentioned. It is confusing because Chanel used the skinny CC hardware on the 08 jumbos, then went back to the thick, flat CC hardware for 09C before switching indefinitely to the skinny CC hardware for 09A and beyond. Guess they had some extra hardware they discovered to use up. [emoji1]
Thanks Clothesfilly, what do you think of this red?

Thanks Clothesfilly, what do you think of this red?

My personal favorites among the Chanel reds are 10C and 12A because I prefer clear, bright reds or as some label them "true" reds. I remember 09C as a darker red that leans into berry red territory. Not a rusty red and not verging on bordeaux, but definitely a berry tone.

Chanel has so many reds that it can be difficult to find "your" red. If this bag speaks to use as the perfect red, snap it up! If there are tweaks here and there you want to make to the color, wait. There are so many Chanel reds to choose from that is makes sense to get it right for you.

My personal favorites among the Chanel reds are 10C and 12A because I prefer clear, bright reds or as some label them "true" reds. I remember 09C as a darker red that leans into berry red territory. Not a rusty red and not verging on bordeaux, but definitely a berry tone.

Chanel has so many reds that it can be difficult to find "your" red. If this bag speaks to use as the perfect red, snap it up! If there are tweaks here and there you want to make to the color, wait. There are so many Chanel reds to choose from that is makes sense to get it right for you.
Thanks so much for your advice!

Yep 09C for sure. Chanel actually redid this shade for 09A as well, but I can tell by the holo that it's 09C Chanel did use the thicker HW for the 09A (red only), probably because it was basically an 09C redo. but had already gone to using the thinner CC as mentioned above). Anyway, this is a beautiful red that's a little darker, extremely neutral if you don't want a "screaming" red. My personal fave Chanel Red is 10C.

Yep 09C for sure. Chanel actually redid this shade for 09A as well, but I can tell by the holo that it's 09C Chanel did use the thicker HW for the 09A (red only), probably because it was basically an 09C redo. but had already gone to using the thinner CC as mentioned above). Anyway, this is a beautiful red that's a little darker, extremely neutral if you don't want a "screaming" red. My personal fave Chanel Red is 10C.
Thanks Lallybelle! I really appreciate the confirmation.

I agree with both!! Same here about favor reds:smile:

Here is my 2008 (12 series) lock on black jumbo. Hallmark
The next one was the single flap with think raised cc lock in series 13 with no longer have gold in it.
This red one is gorgeous! 😍

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 331
Here is my 2008 (12 series) lock on black jumbo. Hallmark

The next one was the single flap with think raised cc lock in series 13 with no longer have gold in it.

This red one is gorgeous! [emoji7]

That's a very good point on the gold hardware. I should have clarified that I was only referencing the silver hardware. Gold hardware follows a different timeline than the silver, which unlike the gold was never the real metal. One thing is for sure, Chanel hardware is consistently inconsistent!

That's a very good point on the gold hardware. I should have clarified that I was only referencing the silver hardware. Gold hardware follows a different timeline than the silver, which unlike the gold was never the real metal. One thing is for sure, Chanel hardware is consistently inconsistent!

Aha! So the next series (13) in silver has the raised CC?
I see the one OP was looking at is a 12 too.
This is interesting stuff!
I don't have any silver hardware flaps. It was NEVER silver??? Wow.

The GHW was changed from the plating in about April 2009. This change also corresponded to the thinner not flat CC. Some fall 08 seasonal bags had already shown the thinner CC.

The Cruise 09 season was the last season for the thicker CC and hallmark. After that the GHW no longer had a hallmark. The 09A reds had thick HW, but the GHW had no hallmark.

The GHW was changed from the plating in about April 2009. This change also corresponded to the thinner not flat CC. Some fall 08 seasonal bags had already shown the thinner CC.

The Cruise 09 season was the last season for the thicker CC and hallmark. After that the GHW no longer had a hallmark. The 09A reds had thick HW, but the GHW had no hallmark.

+1. This is a really good capture of all the hardware inconsistencies in 08 and 09. [emoji106]🏼