advice needed on anthra - celine/ bal

agalarowicz

Nov 11, 2010
I've found out the hard way that I shouldn't use my bals as an everyday work bag. Its too unstructured and I tend to scuff up the corners because I'm always in a hurry and am not careful. I sold my bals and splurged on two celine mini luggage bags (anthra pebbled and camel smooth), which should be perfect for work. I have enough left over to have one balenciaga. The problem is, anthra is by far my favorite color (with rggh!!). But it seems silly that if I have only three bags, that two of them be very similar colors. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Not silly at all! You like what you like, right? Plus the Celine anthra and Bal anthra aren't that similar... c'mon.

I have a good friend that almost always buys only black bags. Drives me crazy, but that's what she likes. No sense in fighting it.

Me? I like everything Taupe. Colors like Noix, Papyrus and Gris Poi sing loudly to me and therefore I must have all of them. ;)

I agree with Rere - buy what you like! I haven't seen the Celine bags, but from pictures, they are definitely two different bags - especially with the rose gold hardware on the Bal.

OT: Rere - please buy gris poivre and take some of your beautiful photos for us, pretty please? I would love to see a true to life picture of this color.

I agree with Rere - buy what you like! I haven't seen the Celine bags, but from pictures, they are definitely two different bags - especially with the rose gold hardware on the Bal.

OT: Rere - please buy gris poivre and take some of your beautiful photos for us, pretty please? I would love to see a true to life picture of this color.

cbarrus, darling! I'm in the middle of a hunt for the perfect Gris Poi... so far, no luck. They all look REALLY dry and really marbled. Not as marbled as say... 2006 Cornflower, but not epic and saturated like 2009 Noix. I'll keep looking and let you know what I find, if I ever find anything noteworthy.

What style are you thinking about in Gris Poi? A Day or a City?

true, they are very different!! it would be even sillier to buy a bag that i wouldnt use!

Right? You said it. What's the point in buying a so-called different bag, only to turn around and let her sit in the closet unworn, unused and unloved. Get what you like.

true, they are very different!! it would be even sillier to buy a bag that i wouldnt use!
get the anthra celine! it is stunning , saw it IRL last week and i am so tempted to get one for me too:drool: ,colour is very close to bal .anthra but the bag is totally different ,more structured and less boho-chic imo

see, this is my problem, lol. I feel like the celine will be more appropriate for daily use. it is just beautiful in color and shape. but i love bal leather. i dont think i can give up bals because they arent functional for me. maybe i'll get a celine for now and save up a little more (i didnt realize all of the price increases lately, geeezzzzz).