Advice Needed on a Maggie

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was at Macys today and they had a periwinkle Maggie that was 30% off plus an additional 20% off. The final price would be about $195 plus tax. I think the color would be versatile, but I was wanting the black before I saw this one. I also tried on a Madison hippie that I loved. I don't know if I should buy the Maggie at such a great price or wait for a hippie to go on sale. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2. Well, if you want a black bag then the periwinkle is just a filler.

Here's the my mantra, and maybe it will help you...

It's only a deal if you get exactly what you want

3. I agree, if it isn't exactly what you want then don't get it. You won't be completely happy.

4. I have the periwinkle Maggie and love it. The color is gorgeous.

5. Thank you for all of the advice. I did buy it and am going to keep it for a few days before I decide. The price was good and I don't want to regret returning it later.

Hobophantom, I took the Maggie out today in the natural light and you are right, it is a great color that will go with a lot of things. I am new to Coach and have never owned a handbag that wasn't black or brown, so this might be good for me.

Thanks again everyone! It is way too easy to get hooked on Coach.

6. OMG, I went through the same thing u did a couple of weeks ago. I was thinking of getting a Maggie in black but found it in the Periwinkle. Wasn't sure about the colour until I slipped it on my shoulder and now I love it. It matches perfectly when I wear jeans! So glad I bought it now. I too have a ton of black bags, so glad I stepped out of the box and snatched the Periwinkle, my SA talked me into it. She told me that colour was very limited. Hope it works out for u.

7. I thought the same thing when I got my plum Maggie. I really wanted black, but I got her anyway. It's just a great pop of color. Besides, if you really want a black Maggie you can probably score one of the older Maggie's on ebay for less than the MSRP.