Advice needed on a crossbody!

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Hi all - I know you will be able to give me advice! I have a NF GM as my everyday tote for work, shopping, etc. And I love the practicality of a small wristlet to fit inside the NF for carrying my phone, cards, lipstick so got a vernis Lexington for that.

But I'm finding the Lexington a tad small and fancy for everyday dashes to the grocery store, and also want the opportunity to go hands-free with a crossbody style sometimes...especially handy when travelling and to fit in a small camera.

SSSSOOOO, was thinking of getting an Eva...then I could use the gold strap to dress up my lexington for evenings out and use the Eva crossbody. But would it be too small to fit a camera when traveling?

OOORRR should I go bigger and get the Speedy Idylle with the crossbody strap? But then I forgo being able to fit it inside my NF for everyday :thinking:

(or save for both?) :amuse:

So confusing!!!

You won't be able to remove the gold strap of the Eva....it's permanently attached to it but the other side can be removed to turn it into a wristlet or attach it to a D-ring.

I would get both the Eva and Idylle. The Eva may be too small to fit a wallet, camera, cellphone, etc inside it. It's really always better to get a spacious bag for travel.

Oh, I didn't know the gold strap of the Eva was permanently attached! So when you're using it as crossbody it just hangs there, or you tuck it inside? Hmmm...that makes it less practical than I thought.

The crossbody strap comes off the Idylle Speedy if you just want to use it with the handles, right?

Oh, I didn't know the gold strap of the Eva was permanently attached! So when you're using it as crossbody it just hangs there, or you tuck it inside? Hmmm...that makes it less practical than I thought.

The crossbody strap comes off the Idylle Speedy if you just want to use it with the handles, right?

You can leave it hanging (a lot prefer this look) or tuck it inside. You can remove the straps of the Idylle if you just want to use the handles.

Or is there another style that would better suit? A Saint Cloud?

I would stick wit the Idylle!

If you're not particular about going for the men line, I got the Damier Graphite Thomas as my weekend bag. It may look small but I can fit 3/4 of the stuff I have in my BH in there. Also, love the fact that not many ladies are carrying the Damier Graphite range. Can I say it makes me stand out? :tup:

You won't be able to remove the gold strap of the Eva....it's permanently attached to it but the other side can be removed to turn it into a wristlet or attach it to a D-ring.

I would get both the Eva and Idylle. The Eva may be too small to fit a wallet, camera, cellphone, etc inside it. It's really always better to get a spacious bag for travel.

I agree with this advice! :tup:

Wow - thanks for all the suggestions!

nlvfan - the Thomas is very cool and i agree it's unique to have something in the graphite line.

amstevens714 - the saumur looks interesting. Seems LV made a lot more crossbody styles before...maybe I'll have to hunt vintage.

Or Bloomsbury, or Idylle Speedy. Or Eva. Or all of them. Maybe I'm just trying too hard to be practical and should just get what I like!:blush: