Advice needed: my bag was accidentally swapped

LilyLA

Nov 30, 2016
Hi everyone-

I feel like I’ve been having a string of bad luck with luxury this month! First my new LV blossom necklace broke within a week of purchasing it (posted in LV thread) and now this!

I purchased a small classic flap in the NF385 brown two or three weeks ago remotely through my wonderful SA. I was going to be in Vegas this weekend so asked him to hold it so I can pick up in store and catch up with him. Yesterday, I came into my appointment and looked at the bag - it’s gorgeous! As the bag was being wrapped, I spent time browsing. When I left, I went straight to my hotel and wanted to unbox.
Imagine my surprise when I opened it to NOT see my beautiful small classic flap…..but a small red bucket bag instead! I luckily filmed the entire unboxing on my phone because I was so excited about it. Watching the playback- you can hear my shock :biggrin:

I immediately called my SA who thankfully picked up. I was incoherent at first because my mind was still processing what happened.:cursing: I finally got it out and the SA started to work with the other SA to get the client to bring back her bag. I also brought back mine. It turns out that the bags were accidentally swapped. I wasn’t upset by it because it was an honest mistake that happened as the bags were apparently moved by the cleaning staff while we were there. But I was annoyed by the inconvenience of having to come down this end of the strip twice (and maybe a third time today to pick up the correct bag).
The other thing is….my SA said the brown flap bag was the last in the US and I got anxious. Would she bring it back? Or would she want to keep it and pay the difference? They finally managed to contact her before store closed and she said she would bring it back today (Sunday). They also told me there were a few more of these bags in the US after all.:eek:

My dilemma: I’m bothered that someone else probably handled the bag and tried it on and maybe even stuffed it with her things in the one night she had it at her hotel. Do I ask for another bag from a different store or keep the one I have? Call me superstitious, but I hate having other peoples’ energy in my bag.:no: Especially one I had already paid for. I’m someone who always grabs things from the back at the grocery store. I also do not want to physically go back to that store but i think it’s better that I do (instead of having them deliver to my hotel) so that I can inspect it and immediately return it if I hate it right? I’m staying on the other side of the strip and it’s so annoying to have had to make so many trips for one bag :oh::facepalm:

anyways- would love to hear what others would do in this situation. Ask for another bag or keep the one that the customer returns back to me (assuming no flaws since I last saw it):whut:

here’s a picture of what I was expecting and what I received. OBVIOUSLY MY BAG IS BETTER:biggrin::eek:

also- the brown flap is coming up orange here but it’s a really gorgeous brown red in real life. Will post a proper reveal photo in the January or December thread when I get my baby back:heart:
BFD00A26-669E-4DBB-9A3B-1EE47E874E05.pngD63C5FF7-9619-43C3-ABF2-D17C885A6A15.jpeg

So sorry this happened to you, that is a very careless mistake from Chanel!! If I were you I'll just keep the bag, there's no way to know that the bag hasn't been tried on or handled instore before anyway. I also like you and want things new, I even ask my SA to just let me know when the bag just arrived and ask her to reserve it so I could come down and see it firsthand, but now I learn to accept that things can't always goes perfect and because of this I had missed so many chances getting on what I really wanted. We can't know for sure if the bag was even returned or not so as long as it's in perfect condition I'll just go for it. It's a beautiful bag nevertheless, dont let this experience ruin your moment!

So sorry this happened to you, that is a very careless mistake from Chanel!! If I were you I'll just keep the bag, there's no way to know that the bag hasn't been tried on or handled instore before anyway. I also like you and want things new, I even ask my SA to just let me know when the bag just arrived and ask her to reserve it so I could come down and see it firsthand, but now I learn to accept that things can't always goes perfect and because of this I had missed so many chances getting on what I really wanted. We can't know for sure if the bag was even returned or not so as long as it's in perfect condition I'll just go for it. It's a beautiful bag nevertheless, dont let this experience ruin your moment!
Thank you! You have a really good point and it’s something my friend and I were debating. Who’s to say that a bag from a different store will be in good condition? Especially since this bag arrived end of November/early December so plenty of people could have played with them in the other locations. Thank you for sharing! :heart:

Reactions: fsadeli
Thank you! You have a really good point and it’s something my friend and I were debating. Who’s to say that a bag from a different store will be in good condition? Especially since this bag arrived end of November/early December so plenty of people could have played with them in the other locations. Thank you for sharing! :heart:
Fingers crossed and hope it turns out perfect! And hope your SA compensating you at least something for all the inconvenience they caused you!

Hi! I am so sorry this happened to you! :frown::hugs:At least it’s great that the SA was cooperative and offers you some solution options!
Tbh I would not take the bag that someone brings back because I personally would feel that it’s not new anymore. It is my personal preference, but I never buy bags that were on display because I want my expensive items to be completely new. I could imagine only doing this if I would love the bag so much that I would be desperate to get it.
As the mini comes out in so many pretty colors every season, if I were you, I would ask for a new mini (maybe from the new season), if you’re not head over heals in love with this one and desperate to get it. Hopefully my opinion helps!
No matter how you decide, fingers crossed for the situation to get solved quickly and for you get a beauty that you truly love! :heart::drinks:

• Thanks
Reactions: LilyLA
This is a terrible mistake on Chanel’s part. My goodness that could/could’ve gone very wrong and loss on their end. But we are all humans and make mistakes no matter how much money is involved, sadly.

There’s a new one at NM Houston (just saw it yesterday) if you want to call there but there’s no guarantee that that one hasn’t been tried on or messed with either. With the amount of returns I see people make I suspect bags being messed with is very high. Not to mention SAs have specifically went and got bags to show me from the back that weren’t “messed with” :hrmm: Now even the red bucket has been handled by someone else.

In the end it’s your money and you have to feel comfortable with your purchase. Do what will help you feel better.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: LilyLA
Hi! I am so sorry this happened to you! :frown::hugs:At least it’s great that the SA was cooperative and offers you some solution options!
Tbh I would not take the bag that someone brings back because I personally would feel that it’s not new anymore. It is my personal preference, but I never buy bags that were on display because I want my expensive items to be completely new. I could imagine only doing this if I would love the bag so much that I would be desperate to get it.
As the mini comes out in so many pretty colors every season, if I were you, I would ask for a new mini (maybe from the new season), if you’re not head over heals in love with this one and desperate to get it. Hopefully my opinion helps!
No matter how you decide, fingers crossed for the situation to get solved quickly and for you get a beauty that you truly love! :heart::drinks:
Thank you! This is a small classic flap which is why I was particularly keen on having this one. Sigh. I dislike display pieces too. Thanks again for the feedback and the support. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: MarryMeLV_Now
This is a terrible mistake on Chanel’s part. My goodness that could/could’ve gone very wrong and loss on their end. But we are all humans and make mistakes no matter how much money is involved, sadly.

There’s a new one at NM Houston (just saw it yesterday) if you want to call there but there’s no guarantee that that one hasn’t been tried on or messed with either. With the amount of returns I see people make I suspect bags being messed with is very high. Not to mention SAs have specifically went and got bags to show me from the back that weren’t “messed with” :hrmm: Now even the red bucket has been handled by someone else.

In the end it’s your money and you have to feel comfortable with your purchase. Do what will help you feel better.
Thanks! I might try to have my SA pull it from a different store if I end up going that route. My friend joked that I probably put my negative energy into the red bucket bag so now I’m trying to cool down and just see what happens. :no: Thanks for the intel fingers crossed it works out

Reactions: jimmyshoogirl
Thanks! I might try to have my SA pull it from a different store if I end up going that route. My friend joked that I probably put my negative energy into the red bucket bag so now I’m trying to cool down and just see what happens. :no: Thanks for the intel fingers crossed it works out
:lol: Oh no!!

I’m sure it will work out. Think positive thoughts! You have options! I would definitely make sure I mention this situation in the survey when you get it. And/or let the store manager know so there is something in place to avoid this from happening to someone else.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and LilyLA
:lol: Oh no!!

I’m sure it will work out. Think positive thoughts! You have options! I would definitely make sure I mention this situation in the survey when you get it. And/or let the store manager know so there is something in place to avoid this from happening to someone else.
Great feedback! I wonder if they will even send me a survey haha! The purchase itself was done in December. :nuts:

• Haha
Reactions: 880