Advice needed: Logomania scarf

Sofie@Bxl

O.G.
Apr 14, 2012
Hi everyone,
I need your advice! I’m usually lurking around the Mulberry forum but lately I’ve looking at Louis Vuitton bags/accessories.
The Logomania scarf really caught my eye and looks like a great scarf for winter. It would also be my very first Louis Vuitton purchase. I’m thinking about the Ruby or Verone colour. My coats are mainly black and camel/taupe. So I thought the Ruby red would show up lovely with those colours.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414156297.740329.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414156313.409685.jpg

Now my dilemma is, I’ve been searching for info on this scarf, I’ve seen some reveals, but I’ve found very mixed reviews on the quality of this scarf.

I have only seen them online and never in store. There is a Louis Vuitton in Brussels close to work where I could easily see the scarf but I prefer to have some advice on the quality of this scarf before I go in. (I’m too easily tempted in store haha :biggrin:)

So if you have this scarf, how do you find the quality?

Thank you for helping me to make up my mind!!!

Sofie

I have 4 of these (1in ruby). I like them a lot. They are thick and warm, great for fall/winter. It does have a bit of fuzz, so it's somewhat itchy. I only get itchy when my body overheats. Meaning, if you're home where it's warm, best not to wear it. However, when I'm outside where it's cold, for some reason, I am less prone to the itch. It's weird, but those are my personal experiences with this scarf, but I continue to collect them because I find them substantial and the cost is quite low (compared to others). You have also seen the new blue color (saphir I think is the name)? It is gorgeous as well. I always like a little pop in my accessories so I find brown and grey to be a bit boring.

I do not have one yet, but I have to say the ruby is gorgeous! :loveeyes: I have a monogram shawl and leopard stole and I think the quality is fantastic! I would not hesitate to purchase a Logomania scarf. GLD!

I have 4 of these (1in ruby). I like them a lot. They are thick and warm, great for fall/winter. It does have a bit of fuzz, so it's somewhat itchy. I only get itchy when my body overheats. Meaning, if you're home where it's warm, best not to wear it. However, when I'm outside where it's cold, for some reason, I am less prone to the itch. It's weird, but those are my personal experiences with this scarf, but I continue to collect them because I find them substantial and the cost is quite low (compared to others). You have also seen the new blue color (saphir I think is the name)? It is gorgeous as well. I always like a little pop in my accessories so I find brown and grey to be a bit boring.

It's the 'fuzz' i'm worried about. I wouldn't want it to look like a cheap, distressed scarf after a couple of wears.

I think my first one would be the red. I like my scarfs to be a pop of colour as I'm dressed mostly in black or other neutrals. And the blue is really beautiful as well (only seen it on the website) but I think the ruby colour would go better with my wardrobe.

I do not have one yet, but I have to say the ruby is gorgeous! :loveeyes: I have a monogram shawl and leopard stole and I think the quality is fantastic! I would not hesitate to purchase a Logomania scarf. GLD!

Thx for the advice. The monogram shawl is beautiful as well, but I heard it snags very easily?

wanted to buy this scarf, the quality was OK (not sure if it's different from other wool scarfs, it's not like kashmir of smth), but I prefer longer scarfs, so couldn't figure out how to wear this one

I have a fuschia Logomania, and this is the third winter I'll be using it. It is beautiful and warm, but thick. Would definitely buy it again, or get another in a different color!

wanted to buy this scarf, the quality was OK (not sure if it's different from other wool scarfs, it's not like kashmir of smth), but I prefer longer scarfs, so couldn't figure out how to wear this one

I haven't thought about the length, thx for the tip! I have a Burberry cashmere scarf and the quality and softness of that scarf is amazing! I would expect the same from Louis Vuitton.

It's the 'fuzz' i'm worried about. I wouldn't want it to look like a cheap, distressed scarf after a couple of wears.

I think my first one would be the red. I like my scarfs to be a pop of colour as I'm dressed mostly in black or other neutrals. And the blue is really beautiful as well (only seen it on the website) but I think the ruby colour would go better with my wardrobe.

It is not that fuzzy. But there is a tiny bit that sticks out if you look at it up close. You should be ok. The scarf does not look in any way cheap. It is really a good piece to own at the price point that it has been set at IMHO.

BTW the scarf is wool and silk not cashmere. It is thick but definitely will not be as soft as cashmere. The cashmere scarves from LV run about $800 and are especially prone to runs and pulls. It is not as durable as a Burberry check scarf. I definitely would recommend the logomania over the cashmere scarves if you're looking for warmth and durability.