Advice needed - invest in a vintage M/L double flap without card?

helenhandbag

May 17, 2014
Hi ladies, especially those with vintage experience:
I came across a black M/L double flap in black lambskin with GHW, 2xxx xxx series. In a good used condition: some creases on the side from use, a light scratch on the CC, but none on the leather!

I'm very tempted to get it, inspecting it didn't give me any red flags and it's reserved for me, but I wanted to run some details past here first as the card's not included (sorry couldn't take pics):

- the inside has Chanel and trademark but no 'made in...' - I think I read once that some older bags don't have it, but not sure
- the inner flap button closure mentions 'elox' or 'enox' - was this supplier ever used?
- on the top left of the CC there are 3 small vertical stripes engraved, again I've seen things engraved and even extra CC stuck on this specific corner but want to hear of more (one of my Chanels has a small CC on top and was bought at the boutique.

Looking forward to your advice! Aarggh, can't stop thinking of how amazing this bag would look after a little service :smile:

Reactions: Jojo_Estradaa

remainsilly

bye-bye
Aug 15, 2014
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/would-you-buy-a-chanel-without-authenticity-card-798630.html

The above thread may help.

Thanks for asking about this.
I, also, have questions about buying chanel bags without autheticity cards.
There seem to be many offered for sale as pre-owned.

Other than bag authenticity(though cards may be faked & often are just lost)--I'm concerned that getting chanel maintenance would be problematic.
How does a boutique react to someone bringing in a vintage chanel, no card, & asking for refurbishment service?
What if your only receipt for bag is from a resale company?

Jojo_Estradaa

Apr 11, 2018
Hi ladies, especially those with vintage experience:
I came across a black M/L double flap in black lambskin with GHW, 2xxx xxx series. In a good used condition: some creases on the side from use, a light scratch on the CC, but none on the leather!

I'm very tempted to get it, inspecting it didn't give me any red flags and it's reserved for me, but I wanted to run some details past here first as the card's not included (sorry couldn't take pics):

- the inside has Chanel and trademark but no 'made in...' - I think I read once that some older bags don't have it, but not sure
- the inner flap button closure mentions 'elox' or 'enox' - was this supplier ever used?
- on the top left of the CC there are 3 small vertical stripes engraved, again I've seen things engraved and even extra CC stuck on this specific corner but want to hear of more (one of my Chanels has a small CC on top and was bought at the boutique.

Looking forward to your advice! Aarggh, can't stop thinking of how amazing this bag would look after a little service :smile:
Hi! I just purchased a flap bag exactly how you are describing and I don’t see any red flags otherwise, did your bag turn out to be authentic? Thank you!

Tiachan

Oct 22, 2019
Hi! I just purchased a flap bag exactly how you are describing and I don’t see any red flags otherwise, did your bag turn out to be authentic? Thank you!
Just purchased mine in brown. It’s a 1 series. I am wondering about the engraving and mine has a leather tab on the zipper. Does yours and any luck knowing if this is a red flag?

Tiachan

Oct 22, 2019
Just purchased mine in brown. It’s a 1 series. I am wondering about the engraving and mine has a leather tab on the zipper. Does yours and any luck knowing if this is a red flag?
So I found something online. It’s not ELOX it’s FLOX

Jojo_Estradaa

Apr 11, 2018
Hi, if you would like to see my post on the authenticate Chanel forum, you can use the photos as a reference. My classic flap bag was reviewed and stated as authentic. You can also post your Chanel on the forum to have it authenticated as well! Best wishes!

Tiachan

Oct 22, 2019
Hi, if you would like to see my post on the authenticate Chanel forum, you can use the photos as a reference. My classic flap bag was reviewed and stated as authentic. You can also post your Chanel on the forum to have it authenticated as well! Best wishes!
Thanks! Mine was determined to be authentic.

Reactions: Jojo_Estradaa

OCMomof3

Feb 26, 2013
Southern CA
To answer the question in the header of your thread -- yes, I would buy a vintage bag with no authenticity card, and I have done so. As long as the bag has been authenticated by a reputable source, I see no reason to agonize about the card. BUT, if you plan to sell at some point, that might be a nice thing to have.