Advice needed -- help me pick a brown!

dagnypup

O.G.
Feb 3, 2010
Hello everyone! :flowers:

I have been taking a serious look at my wardrobe (both clothing AND my lovely Hermes) and am trying to pick the perfect shade of brown for my next acquisition.

I do not wear brown clothing, and have a navy/charcoal based wardrobe. I tried an Etoupe picotin because of all the raves about Etoupe here (and, of course, our lovely MaiTai...), but it just did NOT work with me the way that I had hoped --- so another bag that I sadly need to part with. :sad:

I have some Barenia (love it!) that I wear in the summer and will wear a bit this autumn, but I am looking for the shade of brown that is closest (identical if possible) to a pair of boots that I own and works with EVERYTHING in my closet.

I tried looking in the brown leather reference thread, but got overwhelmed due to the differences due to leather and photograph lighting. Hence the reason for making a separate post.

Attached is a photograph of some charcoal wool, along with my Barenia Picotin strap, a moc-croc cuff that I like the color of and the shaft of my favorite boots for reference.

I'd appreciate any suggestions in both color name and leather type (since the colors can look different depending on the leather).
Cheers!
Dagny

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    507.8 KB · Views: 581
The browns you have posted are all warm browns--chocolate, caramel--and they provide a contrast to the gray but everything does work well together, both the gray and browns. It's a very sport, English countryside look. I don't think leathers have to match but all of them having a warm undertone, closer to a reddish brown than an etoupe-y grayish one, would probably work very well with your existing accessories. Like a chestnut color. Years ago, H did a noisette color which is basically French for nut. It's a beautiful color but I don't think its been done for quite some time, altho there may be a swatch laying around in the boutique.

best Brown for me is maroon fonce in fjord very deep a very obvious Brown but beautiful profound i aodre it !!!! if not i sway all the way down to gold for an easier more understandable neutral.

Hello everyone! :flowers:

I have been taking a serious look at my wardrobe (both clothing AND my lovely Hermes) and am trying to pick the perfect shade of brown for my next acquisition.

I do not wear brown clothing, and have a navy/charcoal based wardrobe. I tried an Etoupe picotin because of all the raves about Etoupe here (and, of course, our lovely MaiTai...), but it just did NOT work with me the way that I had hoped --- so another bag that I sadly need to part with. :sad:

I have some Barenia (love it!) that I wear in the summer and will wear a bit this autumn, but I am looking for the shade of brown that is closest (identical if possible) to a pair of boots that I own and works with EVERYTHING in my closet.

I tried looking in the brown leather reference thread, but got overwhelmed due to the differences due to leather and photograph lighting. Hence the reason for making a separate post.

Attached is a photograph of some charcoal wool, along with my Barenia Picotin strap, a moc-croc cuff that I like the color of and the shaft of my favorite boots for reference.

I'd appreciate any suggestions in both color name and leather type (since the colors can look different depending on the leather).
Cheers!
Dagny

Any chance of scoring an exotic? I think croc in miel is just the color and richness you're looking for...

Are you thinking of buying new or pre-owned? That makes a difference because then there's a possibility of getting colors that may not be available this season. My favorite is Barenia but since you have a Barenia picoton, I second maroon fonce in fjord or noisette in box. Ebene is dark but paired with a light brown, it looks amazing. I saw this on fashionphile today and it made me think of this thread because of the warm brown color (I have no affiliation with FP or this bag).

http://www.fashionphile.com/HERMES-Pony-Hair-Bolide-35-Tabac-Camel-and-Ebene-64336

I also think Gold in togo or clemence is a nice warm brown and can work with the deep rich brown of your boots.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

I have a B30 in brulee color and togo leather and absolutely love it (when I was offered this at Madison store this year, there were also other 3 colours available, including turquoise, and I choose this brulee). For me this is the perfect shade of brown. Good luck!

I wear both my gold togo kelly ghw, and chocolate box sellier kelly ghw with grey, black and navy and I think they both look fabulous. I think the gold is more of a year round color though.